Re: Schema Question

  • Subject: Re: Schema Question
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:08:00 +0000

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 00:14:37 -0500, "Sullivan, Glenn"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=T1a039JmiRXuH0AGR6cRYGiAxPb46IF90lgPi2w-kmVhcgEfEWVv4fPtrpkovVZnZEEPfgGjm4MbNrg8uboHPA">gsullivan@d...</a>>
wrote:

>I am thinking of things like Voices, Pitch, Speed, Number-of-Repeats
etc...
>and I will make them optional items in the tts.basic.Speak (Is that
proper
>"dot notation" for the Speak block in the TTS.Basic class?
Just seems
>natural I guess)

I know what you mean. I do similar things when I name my C# files with
the schema encapsulation classes. For example Mail.Incoming.Status.cs
and News.Alert.Feed.cs. Status and Feed are (more or less) the block
names.

>I guess what threw me for a loop was the change in naming convention in
the
>CID schema. The fact that an incoming call can trigger either a
>CID.Incoming block or an Incoming.CallWithCID block (no matter what the
>class) was confusing.

I think I was probably trying to keep the Class=CID.Meteor block
naming consistent. Something has to give one way or the other.

>That way, the application could just use the
IfBlockExists("CID.Incoming")
>function, and not care about the Class.
>
>Which essentially leads to your inheritence point, given that the
"blah,
>blah, blah" is repeated, and augmented upon, in the second class.

This makes a lot of sense and does seem preferable as it fits in with
the notion of inheritance nicely as you say. If you go with that let
me know and I'll update all the docs and my classes. Errr, is anybody
else using these schema that would be affected? I can always leave in
the old one but that just means multiple repeat messages really.

>Do you already have a TTS Schema written up? If so, I should at least
>consider it... ;-)

No! Nothing. It was just a really noddy test app. In fact, I seem to
vaguelly recall that it just received any message and formatted it for
TTS output. So it wasn't schema driven. It was a mere toy that I've
never revisited.

>This DOES consume you once you get started...

d:-)) <nods in a knowing group understanding way>...

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=w0zrQLhu9d6tmTPqT3-tKZ2JG-cr5zNlxjUED0RHIWeyVpEAzUvScUEfnBPWrl88NhIfUc3RsJEYd1mKOe9S">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net