RE: C++ Framework Interoperability

  • Subject: RE: C++ Framework Interoperability
  • From: John B
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 07:24:00 +0000

Hi Glenn,

> I using VS2003, but in order to write a plug-in for WinAmp (which I
thought
> would be a cool xAP project) I need to expose a function, which
apparantly
> VB and C# don't handle. Evidently I can mix C++ and MC++, but since I
don't
> really understand either, I don't currently know how.

There is already an xPL plug-in for Winamp - available here:

If you were planning on making use of Tony's Rio xPL code, your best
solution
(as I think Kevin already mentioned) may be to install xPLHal
(www.xplhal.com).
This would allow you to benefit from the xPL Winamp plug-in and integrate
it
into your xAP network using the bridging features of xPLHal.

The Winamp plug-in is written entirely in native C++ - it doesn't require
.NET
or any ActiveX controls.
(built using the Borland C++ Compiler)

My reasoning behind this is that Winamp itself does not need .NET, so I
didn't
want the xPL plug-in to impose any extra software pre-requisites that
weren't
required for Winamp itself.

Regards,

John