Re: Renaming of instances and SubInstances?

  • Subject: Re: Renaming of instances and SubInstances?
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 18:16:00 +0000

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:55:55 +0100, "Kevin Hawkins"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=hWk9rcK0Sdil1RuDoW5yUdV7cveEZYly6Ju3mkJt8se1pL3BL_8ci0uiulHkuO9glhSAiSxk9G9MmxlUmw8">lists@u...</a>>
wrote:

>Again - that was what I too asked in the adjacent Topic 1 thread -
there are
>two possible ways of doing it - multiple names within one body or
multiple
>body parts - I sort of favour the multiple body parts as it allows an
easier
>way of spanning two messages together, and it fits in with James' usage
in
>say the news xAP - and you prefer the single body - anyone else any
>here ??

Well, as hinted at slightly in my last message, I too prefer multiple
message bodies.

But if all the name parts are unique and 'random' (user chosen names
rather than keywords such as Text, Temp, Value, etc), why not stick
them all in the same body together. In this case I'd rather see them
together than in multiple bodies.

It's when I have a repeating set of keywords that I go for another
separate message body, rather than indexing them Text1, Text2, Text3
etc.

Hope that makes some sense!

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=ZHXSqGn7M9hkJho2DZtA6yW_l87vwfh5J6_yLwEr84kFmWRfz96rIbF_ite7gbLEqj8KT6o6xYwvmnaFtVxaBiM">stuart@x...</a>