Re: Renaming of instances and SubInstances?

  • Subject: Re: Renaming of instances and SubInstances?
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 18:05:00 +0000

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:20:17 +0100, "Ian B" <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=sboJ-HhWHGyLiBkLFiVkwx-DchdwJLM1ykfzbTrxaaEw9Mp93BQW0VH6LNjOJAMATTmuQfXotRWAt-o">Ian@M...</a>>
wrote:

>Now, the question is:
>When more than one relay changes state at the same time from either
timers
>expiring, a wildcard command or a direct set command that sets all of
them
>at once what do I use in the UID?

Ummm, pass. Not really had a use for UIDs over here (Kevin pointed out
an error in my sole current use of them to date) so I've not got any
preferences in this direction.

>Secondly and related. When more than one changes state do I have
multiple
>pairs in the body i.e. 'SubInstance name=new state' repeating or
multiple
>messages. I don't want to have multiple body messages.
>
>What do you think?

Must admit to not really having a preference either way given those
two choices. Is the subinstance name value unique?

When you say more than one changes state, if that's not in response to
a single message then will they'll be changing state at different
times I take it? So multiple messages is a likely result anyway?

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=9ogXbUHKPyJDxlt0RLoF2E5jYZRabNdUl-9Oze_68f_Xd8o7LIREZqtZDzau_iB5K1P4zVfj3-1FFtdw_g">stuart@x...</a>