RE: Renaming of instances and SubInstances?

  • Subject: RE: Renaming of instances and SubInstances?
  • From: Ian B
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:20:00 +0000

Hi all

OK, I have my relays reporting a change of state now be it from a command
which sets one on etc. or a timer expiring.

Now, the question is:
When more than one relay changes state at the same time from either timers
expiring, a wildcard command or a direct set command that sets all of them
at once what do I use in the UID?

Secondly and related. When more than one changes state do I have multiple
pairs in the body i.e. 'SubInstance name=new state' repeating or multiple
messages. I don't want to have multiple body messages.

What do you think?

I have also altered the changing of the SubInstance names so only one can
be
done at once and there can not be any duplicates. I have declared the UID
last two digits as 01 to 08 for the outputs and 09 to 16 or 24 (but in hex
of course) for the inputs depending how many are fitted. 00 - not sure
about
this one but really it is the instance reporting i.e. a heartbeat or for
status messages.

Thanks

Ian

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=iy5gwKP8Tj-27hxBVPxaOvrVJxptSJhbAFcA7GlvL-sCifNHrutO-xpe_cL8w6BTL_D8z_WsYDbM2_DpfH4">lists@u...</a>]