RE: hub compliance - dropping ports

  • Subject: RE: hub compliance - dropping ports
  • From: Broadfoot, Kieran J
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:54:00 +0000

Kevin,

I wouldn't worry, I "suffer" from the exact same issues wrt to my
emails ;-)

As I said in my previous email I have a few ways of making the hub more
responsive to heartbeats. I did consider wrapping patricks OCX as an XS
module in perl however there isnt currently a solaris port hence I needed
something more portable. Once Ive resolved the issue with the loopback on
win32 (which Im suspecting is something im doing wrong) ill have portable
code that works on multiple platforms without any rebuilding.

Talking of portable code I did find
which will allow me to publish
perl apps as standalone executables for multiple platforms which is v.
neat!

Im developing primarily on solaris 9, win2k and TINI for the java code.

Im afraid Im a RIO owner like MarkH hence I was planning on xap enabling
the
mock server which is what I use to support my devices. If someone wants to
loan me a slim im sure I could add some xap support although im sure it
might take me a while ;-)

I have not seen Bruce's MH code so I couldn't comment although by all
accounts I suspect its more reliable and complete!

thanks
kieran