RE: Renaming of instances and SubInstances?

  • Subject: RE: Renaming of instances and SubInstances?
  • From: Ian B
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 23:55:00 +0000

Hi Kevin

Yes on the hols although it had its exciting bits with a collapsed trailer
suspension unit and some other fun bits. All's well now though and back to
work for some rest.

Anyway, if it helps I use targeting for all my renaming. I can rename
multiple SubInstances at once to the same name but only one back to another
name i.e. if my SubInstances were all named relay something then rename
'relay*' to 'output' at once no limits. This gives me say 8 SubInstances
all
with the name output. If I now say rename 'output' to 'watering' the
program
will only rename the first SubInstance and not all of them otherwise I
would
get into a loop I could not recover from.

Hopefully I will get this thought through a little better and with luck
coded this week.

Ian

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=q7lMkNtkV7B190c_KJ--qKpZVGUmYst0R-runhzMqD7K6DX1OY8bViO353xZpc5RMpkQ1uduo9l-xc7e874KvJdp">lists@u...</a>]
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=uCC-2PS1ilwe4PtXdNKY0oqbIyN7fKie4r71vcEoqSObbivzrChm6zSKtmSFEJ_hZ1NCqDNw94DLQB8tEkurHEdmtw">xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</a>
>Subject: RE: [xAP_developer] Renaming of instances and subinstances?
>

> Hope you enjoyed you hols Ian...
>
> I think I will have all my renaming in one schema. As you say I
>think it's logical that all the I/O sub instance naming is dealt
>with in one
>place.
> However I do not have a sensible schema structure for this yet but
>it's something I must look at now so your question is very timely.
>I haven't
>really addressed it as currently I have the ability to allocate names
>through a web interface. I am hoping however to be able to read the
C-Bus

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=ZG06BSaQNxHresfUfx_fBIHf8vxutX4kGx0t47YOZsLniP3Y54uabspHmkaVDP2OMzAgfyBku5qo2qUmdQ">Ian@M...</a>]
> > Sent: 24 August 2003 13:12
> > To: <a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=uCC-2PS1ilwe4PtXdNKY0oqbIyN7fKie4r71vcEoqSObbivzrChm6zSKtmSFEJ_hZ1NCqDNw94DLQB8tEkurHEdmtw">xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</a>
> > Subject: [xAP_developer] Renaming of instances and subinstances?
> >
> > Renaming of instances and subinstances?
> >
> > I have this ability under the schema xAP-Update at the moment.
The
> > subinstances are the output ports so they can receive
>commands i.e. on,
> > off
> > etc. and also report their status. Now I want to be able to
rename my
> > inputs. These cannot accept commands and only report their status
or
> > status
> > change.
> >
> > Now, do I put the renaming in the xAP-Update schema or add to the
> > Inputs
> > schema. If I move this into the inputs schema does this mean the
other
> > renaming stuff is now no longer in the correct place.
> >
> > My preference at the moment is to add to the xAP-Update schema
but I
> > thought
> > I would throw it open first. Obviously this goes further than my
units
> > hence
> > the question. How are other people renaming their instances and
> > subinstances.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ian

> > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or
Lexmark

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=UHrheBG7UPZyIc44fukjJkypAWrubEvymA6oNzC4bvLtaiCoxUHvMObOCOg-tG6-K0jeLBImwetHGsOU8NxfBVvCBoJ_WFxnTdk8zIrXCYo">xAP_developer-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</a>