Renaming of instances and subinstances?

  • Subject: Renaming of instances and subinstances?
  • From: Ian B
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 13:11:00 +0000

Renaming of instances and subinstances?

I have this ability under the schema xAP-Update at the moment. The
subinstances are the output ports so they can receive commands i.e. on, off
etc. and also report their status. Now I want to be able to rename my
inputs. These cannot accept commands and only report their status or status
change.

Now, do I put the renaming in the xAP-Update schema or add to the Inputs
schema. If I move this into the inputs schema does this mean the other
renaming stuff is now no longer in the correct place.

My preference at the moment is to add to the xAP-Update schema but I
thought
I would throw it open first. Obviously this goes further than my units
hence
the question. How are other people renaming their instances and
subinstances.

Thanks

Ian