xAP-Update or config and a tad on discovery - long

  • Subject: xAP-Update or config and a tad on discovery - long
  • From: Ian B
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:17:00 +0000

Although not a true schema here are the examples of how I am doing
discovery
and xAP Updates in my devices.

All of the following examples are a direct copy of the buffer sent to my
I/O
controller. Note I have not been too picky about sections I don’t analyse
within my embedded chip. These include the bit between the header and body
and some others.

Although strings are not case sensitive I retain formatting for the most
part as it is just plain nicer.

<LF> characters (0A) are in the correct places just not printed in
this
message.

My controller is called PROTOTYPE and the output SubInstances are Relay1 to
Relay8. I will be adding Input1 to Input16 in due course as I will be
making
these renamable.

Discovery the RS232 way.
Note here that the schema is RelayControl and the type of message is a
command. The body tells the unit what to do and in this case respond means
send a heartbeat.

<STX>xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FFxxxx00
Class=RelayControl.Command
Source=IansINet.RBControl.AnInstance
Target=IansINet.RB3_1Controller.*:*
}
*.
{
Command=Respond
}
----<ETX>

After the heartbeat is received the ‘application’ sends a status request as
follows. We are still in the RelayControl schema and it has a body of
type=detail. This distinguishes it from a standard status message (no body)
which gets an entirely different response. I cannot give an example at the
moment as I re-writing the header analysis routine and it is currently
broken.

<STX>xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FFxxxx00
Class=RelayControl.Status
Source=IansINet.RBControl.AnInstance
Target=IansINet.RB3_1Controller.PROTOTYPE
}
PROTOTYPE.
{
Type=Detail
}
----<ETX>

We now go onto the schema xAP-Update which was the favoured name last time
we talked about this topic. The following are examples of updates I make
and
include the UID, Instance, Subinstance, Heartbeat interval and finally the
serial number of the board. All are pretty self explanatory but please fire
any questions at me in the usual manner.

<STX>xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FFxxxx00
Class=xAP-Update.Master
Source=IansINet.RBControl.AnInstance
Target=IansINet.RB3_1Controller.PROTOTYPE
}
PROTOTYPE.
{
UID=1234
}
----<ETX>

<STX>xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FFxxxx00
Class=xAP-Update.Master
Source=IansINet.RBControl.AnInstance
Target=IansINet.RB3_1Controller.PROTOTYPE
}
PROTOTYPE.
{
Instance=Workshop
}
----<ETX>

<STX>xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FFxxxx00
Class=xAP-Update.Master
Source=IansINet.RBControl.AnInstance
Target=IansINet.RB3_1Controller.PROTOTYPE:Relay1
}
PROTOTYPE.
{
SubInstance=Front Lights
}
----<ETX>

<STX>xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FFxxxx00
Class=xAP-Update.Master
Source=IansINet.RBControl.AnInstance
Target=IansINet.RB3_1Controller.PROTOTYPE
}
PROTOTYPE.
{
Heartbeat=3690
}
----<ETX>

<STX>xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FFxxxx00
Class=xAP-Update.Master
Source=IansINet.RBControl.AnInstance
Target=IansINet.RB3_1Controller.PROTOTYPE
}
PROTOTYPE.
{
RBSerialNumber=0002