Re: FW: xAP configuration protocol

  • Subject: Re: FW: xAP configuration protocol
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:40:00 +0000

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:59:09 +0100, "Kevin Hawkins"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=zSPLD4vRbdN_LrAcqjKiYiusQwKog0R6052MoFj5uWLBubjKv5ty0QHhTLnrpkTmrLzYYU6O_dAemwzhDug">lists@u...</a>>
wrote:

> Yep - in fact Heartbeats are typically much more frequent - although
>I think it's not currently a requirement that everyone sends them.
There
>will be some receiver only xAPp's but as a result they shouldn't need
UID's
>anyway . How do people feel about moving heartbeats to mandatory for
all xAP
>senders ?

Receiver only xAPps don't need h/b's?!

I figured every persistant xAP must send a h/b out at regular
intervals. The only xAP I have not implemented any h/b transmission in
is my simple Send utility which starts, sends a message, and exits
again.

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=AQws9rlPSEQLWRlFHOnBqcM6yKx2J10Ma3LvuZsZrtYxZz4JOx8MfIzlH7qRjYPvE5i3a6lxmoAgitLm3ASzLw">stuart@x...</a>