RE: Re: xAP configuration protocol

  • Subject: RE: Re: xAP configuration protocol
  • From: i.bird@xxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:32:00 +0000

I have indeed done some work on this. I can write it up soon but not till
after hols time as I will be computer free (enforced). I have written the
'stuff' to do UID configuration as well as heartbeat interval and some
others like serial numbers.

On my units the UID is set to the same as the serial number which means
they have a good chance of being unique across a network both with my own
devices and anyone elses. Setting the serial number is a once only affair
and is done during testing before shipping the unit.

I also have a limited form of discovery which is specific to my devices so
it avoids network traffic overload under any forseeable circumstances.

I am on mail for the next day or two but I don't have much time because of
work etc.

Ian