RE: xAP switch

  • Subject: RE: xAP switch
  • From: Ian B
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:50:00 +0000

Hi Steve

The relay board controller I am working on currently has 8 inputs. These
are
switches than can be momentary or locking. The program lets you configure
whether a message is sent on the input going low, high or both. I also use
Maxim chip (max6818) to do all my debouncing which saves a lot of
processing
time.

It would be quite easy to modify the program to just send input changes and
even make a new PCB for it. Having said that the board has 8 open collector
outputs which folks might find useful. There is also RS485 and serial on
board although only one can be used at once. You can see the current
prototype on my site under projects then relay board controller. Note the
'production' version will not have the switches on board. They will be
connected by a plug of some nature so can be remote.

I have been thinking of adding another 8 inputs, not for any reason other
than I can. Well, that's not quite true. Since this is designed to control
my relay board and I am thinking of using them at home I might need more
than the current inputs. This might be for travel limit sensing for
example.
We shall see.

All this is done on an Atmel chip using the CodeVision compiler. I found
PIC's became unreliable and space became tight once I got beyond the first
page of memory.

Ian

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=-O7hHn0Nzp8kfgIJPY3VHIdnDZHG1Y_QIKk4S4_1-PlrfyJet-HTDrBgyHeBHpx6k5Hg38ue1WblywIMjxgR-w">lists@u...</a>]
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=sndT6bw6H4s7LpESJQm9mHUvXjAuDiXbfPJAQZmgGLJoit9X1WiRjcvauQ9h17T6LgPQpVqHfbXL7o3yEb1XqPI6WD9B9Q">xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</a>