Re: Heartbeat

  • Subject: Re: Heartbeat
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 11:53:00 +0000

On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 19:27:09 -0000, "Stuart Poulton"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=V4xIO4eI7qWCwiRNgqYYBkQ-MZw9hKCZwjcR-eRhaFdZNuC0O4723TbGFaFaWcUJSiSTD8dBgk-YYgo9KzAVguxrWxPm_sQ">stuart.poulton@a...</a>>
wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Does a heartbeat message have to contain the port that is being used,
>or is this only required for applications likely to encounter a HUB ?

Mine always do, as I don't know whether or not I'll encounter a hub or
not, or if the hub has died and is later restarted.

I do have some events in my framework that inform the application if a
hub connection fails, and when a hub connection is made though.

Stuart
--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=znsEEpsULMeJAZBVPwIz8iu9Wu4iMEFpSLu-YOA5un889FbT-TW97m3VRRShJIApN7H1_1LQeJjRSj-M">stuart@s...</a>