xAPLabs BSC test application

  • Subject: xAPLabs BSC test application
  • From: "kriskurran" <kriskurran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 16:51:11 -0000

  We are trying to add xAP BSC support into our application .  As we
have no xAP hardware it was recommended we use xAPLabs to emulate the
devices,  but we have some problems it seems.

1) We can only find xAP Labs for the BSC binary type - where is the level
based example device ?

2) There is an LCD output Text display device but we are not sure if it is
BSC and also where is the BSC Text input device ?

3) When we send a xapbsc.cmd to the lamp devices the ID= value is ignored.
Even if the ID does not match the device the lamp is changing. The BSC
specification indicates this is wrong.

4) When we send a query to the xAPLab application to just one lamp it does
not reply with a message.  Only if we send a message to every lamp does it
reply.  Again this does not match the BSC specification.

5) We have some problems with the wildcard matching also, again it does not
seem to follow the xAP specification.

We assume xAPLabs is a reference to test against , can you help us please
to test this application as we have just a few days to work on this.

regards Kris