Re: Re: One way BSC ?

It's a bit of a smart-arse response, but I think the clue is in the
name - Basic Status AND Control, not Basic Status OR Control.
:-)

Patrick

On 4 January 2011 14:25, Brett England <brett@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd have to agree with you on this one. =A0Either implement the BSC
spec =
in its entirety or create your own class - don't just implement that bits
t=
hat you need and call it a day.

=
wrote:

>> =A0 I've noticed a couple of =A0xAP devices /applications
appearing that=
are
>> implementing BSC as senders only , either just being lazy or
because
>> they have no receive capability and hence can not respond to a
>> xapbsc.query or xapbsc.cmd. =A0 These report their input states
using
>> xAPBSC.info / xAPBSC.event =A0as it is so pervasively supported.
>>
>> Some of these are of necessity senders only as they are bridging
from
>> another schema or even protocol, =A0for example xPL, which lacks
support
>> for UID's , =A0sub addressing and the wildcard constructs xAP BSC
uses.
>> Some applications with inbuilt bridging implement =A0this mapping
using =
>> 1 way BSC.
>>
>> My immediate reaction was that such '1-way' devices don't meet the
BSC
>> specification and hence must not use BSC - i.e. BSC if implemented
must
>> be bidirectional. =A0I looked up the BSC spec and it reads that
all 4
>> schema classes should be implemented. =A0How do others feel ?
=A0Maybe w=
>> should allow (identify) an inputs only =A0'1 way' version of BSC
somehow=
?