Re: XAP integrated into web page

--0015174c0e509a65f90494901ebf

This will depend on the device concerned - many (most?) xAP devices
spontaneously broadcast status, not all will respond to a proactive request
for information (called targeted addressing in xAP parlance).
My xAP cache utility was written to capture specific xAP messages and allow
them to be rendered in an html page - so it does what you are after - but I
think you're after a turnkey solution, and this may well not be the easiest
route to achieve what you want to do, as it isn't especially well
documented
and requires a bit of technical background to get it up and running.
If the device supports a targeted addressing, then you should be able to
use
a simple command line utility invoked as a cgi-script to send a canned
message and capture the response synchronously. There's many ways of
skinning this cat - python, perl, php - whichever web scripting language
you
feel most comfortable with.
If you want to have a go, xAP cache is here:
http://www.lidstone.net/cache.htm
Patrick

On 8 November 2010 15:44, reubendog4 <reubendog4@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a *simple* way to retrieve 1-wire thermometer
> temperatures in to a web page.  I have installed the mscxap1wire and
> hub, and I can view the temperatures in the built in xap browser that
> came with it, so I know that it is working.
>
> What I want to do is build a page that has the temperatures displayed
> aesthetically along with some Insteon control buttons for the devices
> have in my home.  This is a sample of what I would like it to look
like:

> http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m570/reubendog/screen.png
>
> Is there a simple c&p script or something that I can use to call
the
> value from device "00552GHGA000D" (or whatever Serial my
device is
> using)?
>
> Thank you in advance, Chad

--0015174c0e509a65f90494901ebf

<head>

<!--

/* start of attachment style */
.ygrp-photo-title{
clear: both;
font-size: smaller;
height: 15px;
overflow: hidden;
text-align: center;
width: 75px;
}
div.ygrp-photo{
background-position: center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-color: white;
border: 1px solid black;
height: 62px;
width: 62px;
}

div.photo-title=20
a,
div.photo-title a:active,
div.photo-title a:hover,
div.photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration: none;=20
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row {
clear: both;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div {
float: left;
/* margin: 2px;*/
}

p {
clear: both;
padding: 15px 0 3px 0;
overflow: hidden;
}

div.ygrp-file {
width: 30px;
valign: middle;
}
div.attach-table div.attach-row div div a {
text-decoration: none;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div div span {
font-weight: normal;
}

div.ygrp-file-title {
font-weight: bold;
}
/* end of attachment style */
-->
</head>
<head>
<!--
#ygrp-mkp {
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
font-family: Arial;
margin: 10px 0;
padding: 0 10px;
}

#ygrp-mkp hr {
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
}

#ygrp-mkp #hd {
color: #628c2a;
font-size: 85%;
font-weight: 700;
line-height: 122%;
margin: 10px 0;
}

#ygrp-mkp #ads {
margin-bottom: 10px;
}

#ygrp-mkp .ad {
padding: 0 0;
}

#ygrp-mkp .ad p {
margin: 0;
}

#ygrp-mkp .ad a {
color: #0000ff;
text-decoration: none;
}
-->
</head>

<!-- **begin egp html banner** -->

<!-- **end egp html banner** -->

This will depend on the device concerned - many (most?) xAP devices
spontan=
eously broadcast status, not all will respond to a proactive request for
in=
formation (called targeted addressing in xAP parlance).<div>My xAP
cache ut=
ility was written to capture specific xAP messages and allow them to be
ren=
dered in an html page - so it does what you are after - but I think
you&#39=
;re after a turnkey solution, and this may well not be the easiest route
to=
achieve what you want to do, as it isn&#39;t especially well documented
an=
d requires a bit of technical background to get it up and
running.</div>

able =
to use a simple command line utility invoked as a cgi-script to send a
cann=
ed message and capture the response synchronously. There&#39;s many
ways of=
skinning this cat - python, perl, php - whichever web scripting language y=
ou feel most comfortable with.</div>

href=3D"http://www.l=
November 2010 15:44, reubendog4 =

.8ex;border-left:1p=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">Hello,<br>
I am looking for a *simple* way to retrieve 1-wire thermometer<br>
temperatures in to a web page. =A0I have installed the mscxap1wire
and<br>
hub, and I can view the temperatures in the built in xap browser
that<br>
came with it, so I know that it is working.<br>
What I want to do is build a page that has the temperatures
displayed<br>
aesthetically along with some Insteon control buttons for the devices
I<br>
have in my home. =A0This is a sample of what I would like it to look
like:<=
br>
t=
arget=3D"_blank">http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m570/reubendog/screen.=
png</a><br>
Is there a simple c&amp;p script or something that I can use to call
the<br=

value from device &quot;00552GHGA000D&quot; (or whatever Serial my
device i=
s<br>
using)?<br>
Thank you in advance, Chad<br>