Amazingly low cost I/O controller with Ethernet and xAP conduit support.

  • Subject: Amazingly low cost I/O controller with Ethernet and xAP conduit support.
  • From: Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 16:48:18 +0000

This amazingly priced I/O device seems to have slipped through here
without a mention.

http://www.cainetworks.com/products/webcontrol/index.html
http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=138892

Provides eight digital (TTL) in, eight TTL out, three 10 bit general
purpose 0-10vdc analog in, eight 1-wire temperature inputs, and a
dedicated HIH-xxx humidity sensor input.

You can create rules using Boolean AND/OR logic with the various inputs
including TTL-level logic, 0-10vdc analog, temperature, Relative
Humidity, and Date+Time and has delay timers (20) to control the TTL
outputs.

Has a built in Ethernet interface with web and ftp server and a built-in
Real Time clock (RTC) synchable via Network Time Protocol (NTP).  Also
supports email notification upon state changes.  Supports custom web
page (GUI) rewriting although this requires a firmware overwrite.

Although xAP is not inbuilt within the device Michael McSharry (mcs) has
written a xAP conduit....

.. and it costs just  $35 + $5 US ship !

They are not easily available to the UK but I'm planning to get a couple
- if others are interested let me know and I'll see if we can get a few
sent over together.

Michaels xAP applications just keep on expanding - over 30 now - keep an
eye on them here
http://mcssprinklers.com/xapXap.htm

Documentation
http://www.cainetworks.com/manuals/webcontrol/WebControlUserGuide2-03-00.pdf