Squeezebox plugin and HouseBot plugin (by Edward Pearson)

  • Subject: Squeezebox plugin and HouseBot plugin (by Edward Pearson)
  • From: "zagknut" <brad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 03:00:00 -0000

Hi.

I have gotten xAP working on my network and communicating with both my
Squeezeboxes and HouseBot. Basic transport controls work perfectly as do
the reporting (via BSC). Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get more complex
operations to work. What I specifically hope to accomplish is to use
HouseBot to send a command to the squeezebox to select the next entry in
the Favorites list. Near as I can tell, I have to use either buttons or IR
calls to accomplish this. I have had no success in implementing either.
Just to test functionality, I have created a device in HouseBot that will
send the pause command as a button push (rather than an Audio.Transport
command). This is the message sent from HouseBot taken from xFx Message
Viewer:

xap-header
{
v=13
hop=1
uid=FF.0ADA0783:0000
class=slim.button
source=ersp.HouseBot.music-server
target=ersp.slimserver.music-server:boom
}
button.command
{
button=pause
}

The command sends with no errors, but does not pause the Squeezebox. I have
also tried "class=xAP-slim.button" to no avail. I have tried
sending the IR command for pause as well. Can anyone give me any
suggestions as to what my next steps should be in solving this issue, or
suggest a better methond of implementation?

Thanks! Brad