Re: Easiest / ready way to send xAP data from Weather station CSV-log?

  • Subject: Re: Easiest / ready way to send xAP data from Weather station CSV-log?
  • From: "ukusaconsulting" <yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 10:14:16 -0000

<yahoogroupskh@> wrote:

> Very soon I will have an RFXCOM so I may be able to confirm this,
> although my integration route is likely to be via the HomeSeer
>  official plugin.

... coincidently the postman arrived just now with my RFXCOM bits, two
minutes after posting this message

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "esa.kolu" <esa.kolu@...>
wrote:
Which S/W could I use as interface (exe tms) to my send-data? As always I
look for easy way out...

> Any xAP display / front end  software eg xAP Floorplan.
>
> You said before you are developing a HomeAutomation system - what will
be the chosen automation 'engine' and what other devices will you be
integrating into it ?

Just to add that almost all commercial Home Automation applications have
free xAP plugins, so aside from the free xAP authored ones you can also use
HomeSeer, Charmed Quark, Premise, HouseBot, MisterHouse, xLobby, MainLobby
(via HS), Cortex , Girder etc etc...  There are also embedded controllers
like the xAP Gateway/HomeVision , OPNMax and the rest of the OPNode range.

If you are just starting on home automation then your choice of controller
here is a key decision.