Re: xap Plugin for Slim devices Squeezebox AKA Squeezecenter v7.4

  • Subject: Re: xap Plugin for Slim devices Squeezebox AKA Squeezecenter v7.4
  • From: "g8kmh" <lehane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 16:45:57 -0000

Edward,
Great work!

A big surprise were the changes to the Controller UI in 7.4! The OSD pop up
is much more readable-it would be interesting to see if it could be made
coloured and/or more lines (>2).

While I'm here :-)
Any idea how to insert a track into the current playlist at the top - so it
plays immediately and then goes back to the remainder of the playlist (and
I'm not too fussed whether the original track restarts or skips to the
next)using xAP?
Ideally playlist.edit with the edit=insert

Lehane

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "Edward Pearson"
<edward.mailgroup@...> wrote:

> Distress not. The API is unchanged.
>

> And I reckon I've just got a version of the xAP Plug-in for Squeezebox
> Server 7.4 that I'm happy for folks to try out.
>
> The zip file version is at:
>

> http://www.erspearson.com/xAP/Beta/downloads/xAP-2.4.0.zip
>

> or you can add the following URL to your 'Additional Repositories' all
the
> way down at the bottom of the Plug-ins tab of the Squeezebox Server
web
> interface:
>

> http://www.erspearson.com/xAP/Beta/Squeezebox/Updates.xml
>

> to auto-update to the latest (beta) version.
>

> I've still to update the change log (so hot is this off the press) as
well
> as the documentation.
>

> When that's done and defect reports have settled down then the release
> version will be available as before via:
>
> http://www.erspearson.com/xAP/Slim/Updates.xml
>

> Edward

AKA
> Squeezecenter v7.4
>

> Well, I was quite distressed when my Squeezeboxes automatically
updated
> today, literally MINUTES after I had completed the HouseBot
programming to
> control them with my AudioAccess system! Aaaarrrgghhh!!! So, with over
80
> hours in this little project, I'm back to square one.
>
> Edward, do you anticipate that the existing xAP commands for
SqueezeBox will
> stay the same? Or will I be figuring out how to build HouseBot Tasks
all
> over again? :) By the way, I figured out my Pause issue, I simply
created a
> condtional statement that if the SB was already paused, it would not
send
> the pause command. Duh!
>
> I anxiously await the new plugin for Squeezebox Server. And again,
thank you
> for all of your hard work and dedication to this project.
>
> Brad
>
> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com>
, "Edward Pearson"
> <edward.mailgroup@> wrote:
> >
> > It's in progress. I'd hoped to have it ready before or at
release. But
> > there's lots of changes the biggest of which is the switch from
Perl v5.8
> > v5.10. I'm hoping to have something ready next - fingers
crossed...

> > Copying the group on this as I'm sure others will be asking.
> >
> > SqueezeCenter is dead. Long live SqueezeBox server!

Squeezecenter v7.4