xAP Jabber bug?

  • Subject: xAP Jabber bug?
  • From: "david.earls" <david.earls@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:16:15 -0000

Firstly, I feel a bit guilty about asking for a bug-fix when I have
never got round to thanking anyone for the xAP bits I use every day (xAP
Floorplan, xAP X10 Connector, xAP MCS 1-Wire, xAP MCS CID, xap MCS K3145,
xAP MCS WOL, xAP Jabber), but here goes anyway.

xAP Jabber 0.5 is connecting to the XMPP network, sending, receiving and
showing status perfectly, but when I send it a IM it produces a malformed
xAP message:

------------------------
The following message caused an error during its processing.
Name/value pair contains no valid separator characters
The message was received from 127.0.0.1:58809

------------
xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF111300
Class=messenger.event
Source=mi4.jabber.Jabber
}
Message.Receive
{
From=blah@xxxxxxx/Talk.v104659BEEDB
Talk.v104555C3C06
gmail.EB49AA97
palringo0589DD3D
gmail.FF7F215B
gmail.FF7F6118
Talk.v104C7BB0132
Body=blah blah
}

------------
The error that was generated is as follows:
Name/value pair contains no valid separator characters

Source: xFx
Name/value pair contains no valid separator characters
KCS.xAP.Framework.xAPMessageReaderException: Name/value pair contains no
valid separator characters
at KCS.xAP.Framework.Message.xAPInfo.GetPairValueEncodingFormat(String
line, Int32 line_number)
at KCS.xAP.Framework.Message.xAPMessageReader.ReadMessagePair(xAPMessage
message, String line)
at KCS.xAP.Framework.Message.xAPMessageReader.ReadMessage()
at KCS.xAP.Framework.Transport.xAPListener.ProcessQueuedMessage(xAPRawData
data)

I think this is because xAP Jabber wasn't expecting the sender to be online
on multiple devices. The different locations are appearing on separate
lines after the sender's email address.  Would it be possible to get xAP
Jabber to strip everything after the email address?