Re: Re: Cant See TSC Data In Floorplan

I hope the suggestions do provide a solution that works for you.

It's a shame that Mikko has not interacted with the xAP community in a
way that would have ensured LogTemp adhered to the specification.
Although I haven't used his application it appears from the messages you
posted that his TSC implementation is not going to work.  I am unsure
that he has implemented the bidirectional data exchange either but FTTB
let's assume that bit works.

The TSC specification is documented in great detail here
http://www.xapautomation.org/index.php?title=xAP_Telemetry_Status_and_Control_Schema
and it is derived from our heavily used BSC specification again
documented in great detail here
http://www.xapautomation.org/index.php?title=Basic_Status_and_Control_Schema
which supplements the standard xAP specification document.

As I posted on the xAP developers list I am happy to work with Mikko to
try and get his application compliant with the specifications but only
if the schema specification is met is there any possibility that his
application will interact with other xAP applications supporting TSC.
My recommendation to him would be to support either BSC or TSC via a
selectable dropdown for maximum plug and play interoperability currently
but TSC alone is viable.  Failing that he could just present his data
using an informational schema ( a list of values). This is possibly what
the 'own message for each sensor' option already does . Nearly all these
informational schema are supportable in nearly all applications eg
HomeSeer, Charmed Quark, xAP Floorplan, HouseBot, Cortex,  Girder(?)
,MisterHouse(?)  etc although the OPNMax embedded controller is BSC
centric.  However the problem comes when you implement a standard schema
incorrectly.

I hope Mikko will refine the xAP TSC support within his application as
it looks to be a great application , and particularly useful for the
logging aspects. However should he not be wanting to do that then it
would be better if he did withdraw xAP support altogether as presenting
invalid xAP schema doesn't help anyone.  Should he do this and if you
are in need of 1-wire sensor information presented on xAP then there are
several other applications that already offer this , and even a couple
of standalone embedded 1-wire controllers with xAP support. These work
well with xAP Floorplan etc.

Supporting xAP allows your device to immediately integrate with most of
the leading HA applications without you having to write and maintain
your own plugins for each application - an attractive proposition.

mhradom wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> Thanks for the information. I have not had time to "play"
(as my wife