Re: xAP to Asterisk (axc)

Paul Gale wrote:

> 1) how do I actually install? - I have putty access to the CentOS O/S
and also could use file manager in webmin I guess?

From the command line, I would do something like the following:

cd ~/
wget http://www.limings.net/xap/axc/axc-v0.8.tar.gz
tar -xzvf axc-v0.8.tar.gz .
mkdir /usr/local/axc
cd axc-v0.8
mv * /usr/local/axc
cd /usr/local/axc
cp axc.conf.sample axc.conf

now, modify axc.conf as necessary to make it work for your environment.

> 2) How would I set a startup script to run axc after Asterisk has
started?

In my /etc/rc.local, I appended the following line:

/usr/local/axc/axc.pl --path=/usr/local/axc &

That's also the same command that I use to invoke axc.