RE: xAP to Asterisk (axc)

Hi Gregg,

As I'm a beginner with Linux, could you please help me with installation,
s=
pecifically:

1) how do I actually install? - I have putty access to the CentOS O/S and
a=
lso could use file manager in webmin I guess?
2) How would I set a startup script to run axc after Asterisk has started?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks,

Paul.

Behalf Of Gregg Liming
> Sent: 03 November 2009 12:07
> To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [xap_automation] xAP to Asterisk (axc)
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> Paul Gale wrote:
>
> > I read through the install readme but there were several stages
I=92m
> not
> > sure about =96 does anyone know of a walk-through guide or
additional
> > instructions at all?
>
> There's no additional docs that address basic
> installation/configuration.
>
> > Greg =96 any plans at all to maybe create a FreePBX module to aid
> > installation/integration/configuration? I guess it=92s a fair bit
of
> work
> > though.
>
> Well, for me--it would require me to change to FreePBX.  And, my
> present
> asterisk implementation works just fine.  So, until/unless that
> changes,
> then I won't be working on one.
>
> > What I=92m most interested in is getting xAP data into Asterisk
=96 so =
> can
> > setup IVR menus that give me reports on security status of alarms
> etc.
>
> http://www.xapautomation.org/index.php?title=3DAsterisk_IVR
>
> > I=92d also like to be able to send xAP messages via this method
too.

> You could use the same approach as above.  My suggestion is that the
> controlled endpoint respond with some form of "human
acknoledgement"
> (e.g., "command successful").
>
> > Ideally, I=92d like to replace my Comfort alarm menu system which
has
> > never really worked well for me (not very user friendly). From
the
> > readme, I couldn=92t see how this would be done. Additionally,
does
> there
> > need to be any other xAP components on the Linux box hosting
Asterisk