Re: Cant See TSC Data In Floorplan

The author is Mikko Rintalla but I'm still not sure if anyone here
worked with him from the xAP side ?

In his post he indicated that he wasn't happy with the TSC schema
implementation but I am not sure if he was referring to his
implementation or to the fact that TSC is still emerging as a new schema
and hence has poor adoption ATM.  Certainly this applications TSC
implementation is broken.

There is a bit of 'chicken & egg' here and so it is worth trying to see
if we can get better support for TSC within the key xAP applications -
especially the ones that already directly support BSC , as most of the
work is already done.

I know Daniel had mentioned he would look towards supporting TSC , and
it is particularly well suited towards 1-wire applications , although I
would recommend that BSC remains supported , at least transitionally.
Without such widespread adoption TSC will remain sidelined and BSC
abused instead.   Also there are few test applications to develop
against which doesn't help people like Mikko.   I remember KevinT has
some however and Lehane uses TSC extensively in his home project.

So I'll revisit my contributions and see what I can do here and
hopefully a couple of others will too.    Many applications will already
handle TSC as a generic schema as well but having the plug and play
integration in the same way that we have with TSC would be far preferable.

On 19th April 2009 (on list  xAP_developer)  m.rintala wrote:

Re: [xAP_developer] LogTemp with xAP released
> I have released LogTemp (temperature etc. monitoring program) version
with xAP protocol. It's using TCS schema but still, I am not quite happy
with this.

> Since there are quite a lot of different schemas available,
> no standardization will take place. Everybody is using own  schemas to
fullfill their own needs, therefore there are no markets for common tools
etc.

Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> Hi there - welcome to xAP  :-)
>
> You have unfortunately landed here on the basis of a new xAP TSC
> implementation which appears to have implemented the schema
> incorrectly... :-(
>
> First of all xAPTSC is a new schema and inbuilt support for it from
> other applications is still emergingg - xAPBSC is tightly integrated
> into xAP Floorplan but I don't believe xAPTSC is. However the good
news
> is that you can introduce any schema data into Floorplan - it just
takes
> a bit more work than direct support with say BSC. Before launching
into
> a long email about how to accomplish this let me leave some time for
> James to respond...in case TSC is also easier somehow...
>
> Note that the author is using class=TSC which is correct until the
> schema is formally adopted when it will be named xAPTSC. However... I
> was looking at the message below and there are problems. Could you
post
> a second message from another sensor.
>
> In xAPTSC each sensor should have a unique name which is appended to
the
> end of the address (source=) after a : eg 'outside' This is called the
> sub address and each sub address should also have a different UID. The
> first 6 digits would be the same and then the last two would change
for
> each sensor.
>
> eg
> source=MRSoft.LogTemp.MIKESOFFICE:Outside
> UID=FFB68601
> Just FYI in xAP v1.3 this would be UID=FF.B686:01 or even
UID=FF.B686:0001