Re: Cant See TSC Data In Floorplan

Hi there - welcome to xAP  :-)

You have unfortunately landed here on the basis of a new xAP TSC
implementation which appears to have implemented the schema
incorrectly... :-(

First of all xAPTSC is a new schema and inbuilt support for it from
other applications is still emergingg - xAPBSC is tightly integrated
into xAP Floorplan but I don't believe xAPTSC is. However the good news
is that you can introduce any schema data into Floorplan - it just takes
a bit more work than direct support with say BSC. Before launching into
a long email about how to accomplish this let me leave some time for
James to respond...in case TSC is also easier somehow...

Note that the author is using class=TSC which is correct until the
schema is formally adopted when it will be named xAPTSC. However... I
was looking at the message below and there are problems. Could you post
a second message from another sensor.

In xAPTSC each sensor should have a unique name which is appended to the
end of the address (source=) after a : eg 'outside' This is called the
sub address and each sub address should also have a different UID. The
first 6 digits would be the same and then the last two would change for
each sensor.

eg
source=MRSoft.LogTemp.MIKESOFFICE:Outside
UID=FFB68601
Just FYI in xAP v1.3 this would be UID=FF.B686:01 or even UID=FF.B686:0001

However it looks like this schema implementation is instead using a name
included within the block as an identifier for which sensor is being
reported. This isn't the way xAPTSC works and hence it won't be useable
within any application expecting TSC.

You can get around this in xAP Floorplan by treating the schema as a
new/custom one and manually adding devices but probably only if TSC
isn't already being recognised by FP. We try and discourage people
implementing a schema design that sets the 'context' of parameters by
means of another identifying parameter within the block. In this case
name= . The reason is that it isn't always obvious which parameters are
defining the context of the others, certainly not to a computer anyway,
which makes it difficult to differentiate different sensors
automatically in say Floorplan. This can still be done manually however.

I'm not sure who is the author this MRSoft application ...or if they
read this list - and who might have worked with them on any xAP
implementation. I kinda remember a couple of posts however , I'll have a
read back.. any ideas anyone ?

Cheers Kevin