Re: xAP interface to Alertme Smartplugs

  • Subject: Re: xAP interface to Alertme Smartplugs
  • From: "Paul Bendall" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 12:06:39 -0000

Kevin,

Thanks for the info. I'm getting quite excited about the Plugwise, http://w=
ww.plugwise.com/en/products/products, although the UK version looks to
have=
been pushed back to H2 of this year they have released the
"Stealth" which=
is the PCB board for DIY'ers who are not concerned about certification. Mo=
re info seems to be available on the the following forum:

http://www.domoticaforum.eu/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=3D39

I also found a review on the following UK based Blog:

http://www.reuk.co.uk/Plugwise-Energy-Monitoring-and-Saving.htm

Paul
--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@...> wr=
ote:

> The CurrentCost people have a plug type device announced but not
yet=20
> available.=20=20=20
> It's a monitoring rather than an RF controllable on/off device though.
>=20
>=20
> Paul Bendall wrote:
> >

> > Does anyone know of an alternative to the SmartPlug but with the
same=20
> > functionallity i.e. accurate power monitoring (as opposed to just
a=20
> > current sensor and voltage assumption) and ability to be
controlled=20
> > via xAP (or at the possibility to be controlled)?
> >
> > I know about the Plogg but at =A355 a unit that is a bit
expensive. I'v=
e=20
> > come across Plugwise which is a Dutch company but info suggests a
UK=20

"Paul Bendall" <paul@>=20
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Kevin,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the investigation. I must admit I hadn't
considered a=20
> > call-back over the internet I assumed it would be to the hub.
Shame as=
=20
> > the device looked promising and at a good price point as well.
> > >
> > > Paul
> > >
> > > --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx=20
> > <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com>,
Kevin Hawkins=20

can't see any=20
> > way of
> > plugs or