Re: Re: Has anyone integrate xap with DL05 PLC from automation direct.

--000e0cd25048fff001046c5ed6de

I've had IVR interactions between xAP and asterisk working nicely in the
past, in the pre-broadband days, although now I find a remote web interface
quicker and easier. What you describe should be doable just with plain old
asterisk, you can integrate to your existing PBX or you might find it
easie=
to be fully independent and use VOIP numbers for the incoming calls to your
system, in which case it would stand alone.

Executing commands (press 1 to turn the lights on etc) in xAP is trivial
from an IVR script - you can invoke some PERL to build and publish the
message as required, and there are plenty of generic (non-xAP) examples on
voip-info.org to get you started.

If you want to be able to announce the current status of devices (e.g. the
temperature at location x is y degrees) you will almost certainly need a
cache to record the last known state broadcast by a device. Your script
wil=
then query the cache status to give the last known value. (You can find one
implementation of a cache on my web page).

Incidentally, once you have done the IVR implementation, adding a web
facin=
capability on top is also really easy as most of the hard work has already
been done!

I will try and write up some more detailed instructions, although I'm a bit
time-constrained over the next couple of weeks, so please bear with me.

P.

2009/6/15 Jose <sanchezbond007@xxxxxxx>

> We have  DL05 in our 30 Tech Colleges and I am looking for the way to
> control lights, air conditioners that are connected to DL05, through a
> telephone from any place in the world. I am thinking to use asterisk
beca=
use
> we can add this feature to the PBX. For example if a somebody call to
> house or a company, asterisk respond saying if you know the ext. mark
it
> know. I suggest that one of the extensions is for the control of
lights e=
tc.
> and if you pres this extension it prompts you for a secret code. Ones
the
> system verified the secret code it prompts you to on/off light etc.
And s=
end
> the information to the PLC.
> What are the probabilities of this project with direct soft DL05 and
> asterisk?
> see the link below.
> http://web4.automationdirect.com/static/specs/mdmtel.pdf
>
> I am looking for your help because Christopher from asterisk forum
told m=
> the following
>
> a project like this can certainly be done through asterisk, however it
wi=
ll
> likely require other software be written to handle it... I dont
believe t=
he
> MDMTEL board from auto direct is an IVR.. it is strictly a PC modem so
it
> taks in data carrier only and not voice
>
> asterisk can connect modem calls together but in and of itself is a
phone
> system, not an automation controller...
>
> I use asterisk in my home to do the things you are talking of, control
my
> HVAC, lights, door latches, cameras etc.. however i have additional
hardw=
are
> and software.. and communicate over TCP/IP using the Xap protocol to
my m=
ain
> automation server...
>
> my PLC's are standalone but ultimately are controlled by the main
server.=
..
> asterisk talks to the main server by Xap...
>
> example:
>
> asterisk dialplan sends me through a voice menu lets say to turn on
the
> porch light... i am asked first what room I wish to control, then am
give=
n a
> list of lightsi n that room and then I can turn on, turn off, or set
> brightness.. this is all done in asterisk... however when I press the
key=
> "execute" an external AGI script is called which
communicates via Xap to =
my
> main server.. which picks it up and turns on the light....
>
> asterisk handles the voice interface part of it...
> you would need to code software to talk to your PLC units based on
what w=
as
> handled in asterisk...
> -Christopher
>
> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Jose sanchez <sanchezbond007@...>
> wrote:
> >
> > Maybe the project of Patrick Lidstone to integrate xap with
asterisk
> could help.
> > This all the protocols that work with Dl05
> > This is what an engineer of hosteng.com told me.
> > Case 1808: DirectSOFT =E2=80" Control lights via telephone
> >
> > By Greg kiser
> > Hi Jose,
> > The bottomline is that whatever ends up talking to the DL-PLC,
must spe=
ak
> one of its protocols.
> > DL05 Serial Protocols (see pg. 4-4 of DL05 manual)
> > Port1 (RS-232C, 9600 bps fixed)
> > =E2=80=A2 K-sequence protocol (slave).
> > =E2=80=A2 Modbus RTU (slave).
> > =E2=80=A2 DirectNET (slave).
> > Port2 (RC-232C, 300-38.4Kbps)
> > =E2=80=A2 K-sequence protocol (slave).
> > =E2=80=A2 Modbus RTU (master/slave).
> > =E2=80=A2 DirectNET (master/slave).
> > =E2=80=A2 Non-sequence / print protocol.
> > DL05 Ethernet Protocols (Must have H0-ECOM100 installed in DL05
option
> slot).
> > =E2=80=A2 ECOM protocol
> > =E2=80=A2 Modbus TCP (master/slave)
> > NOTES
> > =E2=80=A2 K-sequence protocol is proprietary.
> > =E2=80=A2 DirectNET is open and the manual for it can be
downloaded.
> > =E2=80=A2 There is canned software sold by AutomationDirect that
talks =
these
> protocols to the PLC.
> > =E2=80=A2 Our freely downloadable Ethernet SDK will talk ECOM
protocol =
to the
> H0-ECOM100. You can use the Ethernet SDK in a C++ program, for
example.

> > --- El s=C3=A1b 13-jun-09, Kevin Hawkins
<yahoogroupskh@...> escribi=C3=
=B3:

> > De: Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@...>
> > Asunto: Re: [xap_automation] Has anyone integrate xap with DL05
PLC fro=
> automation direct.
> > A: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> > Fecha: s=C3=A1bado, 13 junio, 2009, 7:51 am
> >

> > Hi Jose,
> >
> > I haven't seen these units before but they look interesting at
the
> > price they are offered, however I don't think anyone has written
a xAP
> > interface for them. There is a similar product from Barix -
called
> > the Barionet that does have embedded xAP available but it is more
> expensive.
> >
> > There is also a new Modbus xAP controller available from
uSapiens/OPNod=
> > - I am not sure if this would in any way help your interfacing to
the
> > DL05 but take a look... Daniel who developed these is based in
Spain
> > which might be helpful to you too ?
> >
> > http://sites.
google.com/ a/usapiens. com/opnode/ products/ opn-mbs

> > Jose sanchez wrote:
> > >

> > > I am trying to integrate xap protocol with asterisk or one
of his
> > > flavors and DL05 (PLC) from automation direct.
> > >
> > > There is a sdk from hosteng.com this a free open source
software that
> > > manage HO-ECOM (module to conect dlo5 to ethernet) They give
me the
> > > source code.
> > > If I found the way to integrate Xap protocol and SDK
protocol I can

--------- -

___________
> > =C2=A1Obt=C3=A9n la mejor experiencia en la web!
> > Descarga gratis el nuevo Internet Explorer 8.
> > http://downloads.yahoo.com/ieak8/?l=3De1

--000e0cd25048fff001046c5ed6de

<head>

<!--

/* start of attachment style */
.ygrp-photo-title{
clear: both;
font-size: smaller;
height: 15px;
overflow: hidden;
text-align: center;
width: 75px;
}
div.ygrp-photo{
background-position: center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-color: white;
border: 1px solid black;
height: 62px;
width: 62px;
}

div.photo-title=20
a,
div.photo-title a:active,
div.photo-title a:hover,
div.photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration: none;=20
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row {
clear: both;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div {
float: left;
/* margin: 2px;*/
}

p {
clear: both;
padding: 15px 0 3px 0;
overflow: hidden;
}

div.ygrp-file {
width: 30px;
valign: middle;
}
div.attach-table div.attach-row div div a {
text-decoration: none;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div div span {
font-weight: normal;
}

div.ygrp-file-title {
font-weight: bold;
}
/* end of attachment style */
-->
</head>
<!--
#ygrp-mkp{
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
font-family: Arial;
margin: 14px 0px;
padding: 0px 14px;
}
#ygrp-mkp hr{
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
}
#ygrp-mkp #hd{
color: #628c2a;
font-size: 85%;
font-weight: bold;
line-height: 122%;
margin: 10px 0px;
}
#ygrp-mkp #ads{
margin-bottom: 10px;
}
#ygrp-mkp .ad{
padding: 0 0;
}
#ygrp-mkp .ad a{
color: #0000ff;
text-decoration: none;
}
-->
</head>

<!-- **begin egp html banner** -->

<!-- **end egp html banner** -->

I&#39;ve had IVR interactions between xAP and asterisk working nicely
in th=
e past, in the pre-broadband days, although now I find a remote web
interfa=
ce quicker and easier. What you describe should be doable just with plain
o=
ld asterisk, you can integrate to your existing PBX or you might find it
ea=
sier to be fully independent and use VOIP numbers for the incoming calls
to=
your system, in which case it would stand alone. <br>
Executing commands (press 1 to turn the lights on etc) in xAP is trivial
fr=
om an IVR script - you can invoke some PERL to build and publish the
messag=
e as required, and there are plenty of generic (non-xAP) examples on <a
hre=
f=3D"http://voip-info.org";>voip-info.org</a>
to get you started.<br>
=
a cache to record the last known state broadcast by a device. Your script
w=
ill then query the cache status to give the last known value. (You can
find=
one implementation of a cache on my web page). <br>
web f=
acing capability on top is also really easy as most of the hard work has
al=
ready been done!<br><br>I will try and write up some more
detailed instruct=
ions, although I&#39;m a bit time-constrained over the next couple of
weeks=
, so please bear with me.<br>
class=3D"gmail_quote">2009/6/15 Jose <span dir=3D"lt=
r">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:sanchezbond007@xxxxxxx";>sanchezbond007@xxxxxxx=
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: =
1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left:
1ex;=
">
We have =A0DL05 in our 30 Tech Colleges and I am looking for the way to
con=
trol lights, air conditioners that are connected to DL05, through a
telepho=
ne from any place in the world. I am thinking to use asterisk because we
ca=
n add this feature to the PBX. For example if a somebody call to a house
or=
a company, asterisk respond saying if you know the ext. mark it know. I su=
ggest that one of the extensions is for the control of lights etc. and if
y=
ou pres this extension it prompts you for a secret code. Ones the system
ve=
rified the secret code it prompts you to on/off light etc. And send the
inf=
ormation to the PLC.<br>

What are the probabilities of this project with direct soft DL05 and
asteri=
sk?<br>
see the link below.<br>
target=
=3D"_blank">http://web4.automationdirect.com/static/specs/mdmtel.pdf</a><br=

I am looking for your help because Christopher from asterisk forum told me
=
the following<br>
a project like this can certainly be done through asterisk, however it
will=
likely require other software be written to handle it... I dont believe th=
e MDMTEL board from auto direct is an IVR.. it is strictly a PC modem so
it=
taks in data carrier only and not voice<br>

asterisk can connect modem calls together but in and of itself is a phone
s=
ystem, not an automation controller...<br>
I use asterisk in my home to do the things you are talking of, control my
H=
VAC, lights, door latches, cameras etc.. however i have additional
hardware=
and software.. and communicate over TCP/IP using the Xap protocol to my ma=
in automation server...<br>

my PLC&#39;s are standalone but ultimately are controlled by the main
serve=
r... asterisk talks to the main server by Xap...<br>
example:<br>
asterisk dialplan sends me through a voice menu lets say to turn on the
por=
ch light... i am asked first what room I wish to control, then am given a
l=
ist of lightsi n that room and then I can turn on, turn off, or set
brightn=
ess.. this is all done in asterisk... however when I press the key to
&quot=
;execute&quot; an external AGI script is called which communicates via
Xap =
to my main server.. which picks it up and turns on the light....<br>

asterisk handles the voice interface part of it...<br>
you would need to code software to talk to your PLC units based on what
was=
handled in asterisk...<br>
-Christopher<br>
--- In <a href=3D"mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@yah=
oogroups.com</a>, Jose sanchez &lt;sanchezbond007@...&gt;
wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Maybe the project of Patrick Lidstone to integrate xap with
asterisk c=
ould help.<br>
&gt; This all the protocols that work with Dl05<br>
&gt; This is what an engineer of <a href=3D"http://hosteng.com";
target=3D"_=
blank">hosteng.com</a> told me.<br>
via telephone<=
br>
&gt; By Greg kiser<br>
&gt; Hi Jose,<br>
&gt; The bottomline is that whatever ends up talking to the DL-PLC,
must sp=
eak one of its protocols.<br>
&gt; DL05 Serial Protocols (see pg. 4-4 of DL05 manual)<br>
&gt; Port1 (RS-232C, 9600 bps fixed)<br>
&gt; =E2=80=A2 Modbus RTU (slave).<br>
&gt; =E2=80=A2 DirectNET (slave).<br>
300-38.4Kbps)<br>
&gt; =E2=80=A2 Modbus RTU (master/slave).<br>
&gt; =E2=80=A2 DirectNET (master/slave).<br>
&gt; =E2=80=A2 Non-sequence / print protocol.<br>
have H0-ECOM100 instal=
led in DL05 option slot).<br>
&gt; =E2=80=A2 Modbus TCP (master/slave)<br>
&gt; NOTES<br>
&gt; =E2=80=A2 K-sequence protocol is proprietary.<br>
&gt; =E2=80=A2 DirectNET is open and the manual for it can be
downloaded.<b=
r>
&gt; =E2=80=A2 There is canned software sold by AutomationDirect that
talks=
these protocols to the PLC.<br>
&gt; =E2=80=A2 Our freely downloadable Ethernet SDK will talk ECOM
protocol=
to the H0-ECOM100. You can use the Ethernet SDK in a C++ program, for exam=
ple.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; --- El s=C3=A1b 13-jun-09, Kevin Hawkins
&lt;yahoogroupskh@...&gt; esc=
ribi=C3=B3:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; De: Kevin Hawkins &lt;yahoogroupskh@...&gt;<br>
anyone integrate xa=
p with DL05 PLC from automation direct.<br>
&gt; A: <a href=3D"mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@ya=
hoogroups.com</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Hi Jose,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I haven&#39;t seen these units before but they look
interesting at the=
&gt; price they are offered, however I don&#39;t think anyone has
written a=
xAP<br>
&gt; interface for them. There is a similar product from Barix -
called<br>
&gt; the Barionet that does have embedded xAP available but it is more
expe=
nsive.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; There is also a new Modbus xAP controller available from
uSapiens/OPNo=
de<br>
&gt; - I am not sure if this would in any way help your interfacing to
the<=
br>
&gt; DL05 but take a look... Daniel who developed these is based in
Spain<b=
r>
&gt; which might be helpful to you too ?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://sites";
target=3D"_blank">http://sites</a>. <a href=
=3D"http://google.com/";
target=3D"_blank">google.com/</a> a/usapiens. com/o=
pnode/ products/ opn-mbs<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; K<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Jose sanchez wrote:<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; I am trying to integrate xap protocol with asterisk or
one of his=
&gt; &gt; flavors and DL05 (PLC) from automation direct.<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; There is a sdk from <a href=3D"http://hosteng.com";
target=3D"_bla=
nk">hosteng.com</a> this a free open source software
that<br>
&gt; &gt; manage HO-ECOM (module to conect dlo5 to ethernet) They
give me t=
he<br>
&gt; &gt; source code.<br>
&gt; &gt; If I found the way to integrate Xap protocol and SDK
protocol I c=
an<br>
&gt; &gt; control lights, air conditioner that are conected to the
PLC from=
&gt; &gt; asterisk.<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; ------------ --------- --------- --------- ---------
--------- -<=
br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
web!<br>
nuevo Internet Explorer 8<br=

&gt; &gt; <a href=3D"http://downloads";
target=3D"_blank">http://downloads</=
a>. <a href=3D"http://yahoo.com/";
target=3D"_blank">yahoo.com/</a> ieak8/?l=
=3D e1<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =C2=A1Obt=C3=A9n la mejor experiencia en la web!<br>
Internet Explorer 8.<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://downloads.yahoo.com/ieak8/?l=3De1";
target=3D"_blank"=
>http://downloads.yahoo.com/ieak8/?l=3De1</a><br>