Re: Has anyone integrate xap with DL05 PLC from automation direct.

  • Subject: Re: Has anyone integrate xap with DL05 PLC from automation direct.
  • From: "Jose" <sanchezbond007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 01:18:52 -0000

We have  DL05 in our 30 Tech Colleges and I am looking for the way to
contr=
ol lights, air conditioners that are connected to DL05, through a
telephone=
from any place in the world. I am thinking to use asterisk because we can =
add this feature to the PBX. For example if a somebody call to a house or
a=
company, asterisk respond saying if you know the ext. mark it know. I sugg=
est that one of the extensions is for the control of lights etc. and if
you=
pres this extension it prompts you for a secret code. Ones the system veri=
fied the secret code it prompts you to on/off light etc. And send the
infor=
mation to the PLC.=20
What are the probabilities of this project with direct soft DL05 and
asteri=
sk?=20
see the link below.=20
http://web4.automationdirect.com/static/specs/mdmtel.pdf

I am looking for your help because Christopher from asterisk forum told me
=
the following

a project like this can certainly be done through asterisk, however it
will=
likely require other software be written to handle it... I dont believe th=
e MDMTEL board from auto direct is an IVR.. it is strictly a PC modem so
it=
taks in data carrier only and not voice=20

asterisk can connect modem calls together but in and of itself is a phone
s=
ystem, not an automation controller...=20

I use asterisk in my home to do the things you are talking of, control my
H=
VAC, lights, door latches, cameras etc.. however i have additional
hardware=
and software.. and communicate over TCP/IP using the Xap protocol to my ma=
in automation server...=20

my PLC's are standalone but ultimately are controlled by the main
server...=
asterisk talks to the main server by Xap...=20

example:=20

asterisk dialplan sends me through a voice menu lets say to turn on the
por=
ch light... i am asked first what room I wish to control, then am given a
l=
ist of lightsi n that room and then I can turn on, turn off, or set
brightn=
ess.. this is all done in asterisk... however when I press the key to
"exec=
ute" an external AGI script is called which communicates via Xap to my
main=
server.. which picks it up and turns on the light....=20

asterisk handles the voice interface part of it...=20
you would need to code software to talk to your PLC units based on what
was=
handled in asterisk...=20
-Christopher

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Jose sanchez <sanchezbond007@...> wr=
ote:

> Maybe the project of Patrick Lidstone to integrate xap with asterisk
coul=
d help.
> This all the protocols that work with Dl05=20
> This is what an engineer of hosteng.com told me.=20
> Case 1808: DirectSOFT =E2=80" Control lights via telephone=20
>=20
> By Greg kiser=20
> Hi Jose,=20
> The bottomline is that whatever ends up talking to the DL-PLC, must
speak=
one of its protocols.=20
> DL05 Serial Protocols (see pg. 4-4 of DL05 manual)=20
> Port1 (RS-232C, 9600 bps fixed)=20
> =E2=80=A2 K-sequence protocol (slave).=20
> =E2=80=A2 Modbus RTU (slave).=20
> =E2=80=A2 DirectNET (slave).=20
> Port2 (RC-232C, 300-38.4Kbps)=20
> =E2=80=A2 K-sequence protocol (slave).=20
> =E2=80=A2 Modbus RTU (master/slave).=20
> =E2=80=A2 DirectNET (master/slave).=20
> =E2=80=A2 Non-sequence / print protocol.=20
> DL05 Ethernet Protocols (Must have H0-ECOM100 installed in DL05 option
sl=
ot).=20
> =E2=80=A2 ECOM protocol=20
> =E2=80=A2 Modbus TCP (master/slave)=20
> NOTES=20
> =E2=80=A2 K-sequence protocol is proprietary.=20
> =E2=80=A2 DirectNET is open and the manual for it can be
downloaded.=20
> =E2=80=A2 There is canned software sold by AutomationDirect that talks
th=
ese protocols to the PLC.=20
> =E2=80=A2 Our freely downloadable Ethernet SDK will talk ECOM protocol
to=
the H0-ECOM100. You can use the Ethernet SDK in a C++ program, for example=
.=20
>=20
> --- El s=C3=A1b 13-jun-09, Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@...>
escribi=C3=
=B3:
>=20
>=20
> De: Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@...>
> Asunto: Re: [xap_automation] Has anyone integrate xap with DL05 PLC
from =
automation direct.
> A: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> Fecha: s=C3=A1bado, 13 junio, 2009, 7:51 am
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Hi Jose,
>=20
> I haven't seen these units before but they look interesting at the=20
> price they are offered, however I don't think anyone has written a
xAP=20
> interface for them. There is a similar product from Barix - called=20
> the Barionet that does have embedded xAP available but it is more
expensi=
ve.
>=20
> There is also a new Modbus xAP controller available from
uSapiens/OPNode=
=20
> - I am not sure if this would in any way help your interfacing to
the=20
> DL05 but take a look... Daniel who developed these is based in
Spain=20
> which might be helpful to you too ?
>=20
> http://sites. google.com/
a/usapiens. com/opnode/ products/ opn-mbs
>=20
>=20
> Jose sanchez wrote:
> >

> >=20
> >
> > I am trying to integrate xap protocol with asterisk or one of
his=20
> > flavors and DL05 (PLC) from automation direct.
> >=20
> > There is a sdk from hosteng.com this a free open source software
that=20
> > manage HO-ECOM (module to conect dlo5 to ethernet) They give me
the=20
> > source code.
> > If I found the way to integrate Xap protocol and SDK protocol I
can=20
> > control lights, air conditioner that are conected to the PLC
from=20
> > asterisk.=20
> >=20

> > =C2=A1Obt=C3=A9n la mejor experiencia en la web!
> > Descarga gratis el nuevo Internet Explorer 8
> > http://downloads.
yahoo.com/ ieak8/?l=3D e1