Re: RE: CLI using XAP and Sipura SPA 3000 / Linksys3102

--000e0cd24774fbdf7f046c14e649

At least on my setup, it would appear not... but the config to make SPA's
work with asterisk differs from the standalone - might be worth downloading
a syslogger and pointing your SPA at it & seeing whether you do get
outgoin=
call data as well? All James would have to do is get xAP switchboard to
pic=
up UDP packets from the syslog port and extract the text - it's all human
readable in the form "...caller<number>...". Happy to look
at doing a
standalone conduit type thing too if there is the interest...

P.

2009/6/11 Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx>

> Interested here too P ... :-)
>
> Is there a way of picking up the dialled info + call progress as well
-
> or would that require * ?
> It would be nice to have the Sipura standalone integrate with  xAP
> switchboard

>  Patrick Lidstone wrote:
> >

> > OK, I've had a quick look, and incoming call information (but not
> > outgoing) is sent to syslog (over the network, via UDP), if you
have
> > the SPA3k configured right. It shouldn't be too difficult to
convert
> > those into xAP messages. Which caller id schema do your existing
> > solutions use, Nigel? (A sample message from a xAP viewer would
be
> > useful).
> >
> > Patrick
> >
> > 2009/6/11 Patrick Lidstone <patrick@xxxxxxx
> > <mailto:patrick@xxxxxxx>>
> >
> >     Re. asterisk - I've been running asterisk for about 8 years
now,
> >     and it is nothing short of awesome - in the last couple of
years,
> >     it's got to the point that it's rock solid. I'm a big fan of
the
> >     astlinux build, which can run from compact flash, reducing
power
> >     consumption and improving reliability.
> >
> >     In terms of Nigel's original ask - it looks like incoming
calls
> >     are notified by SNMP. I'll have a look into whether that's
> >     actually the case, and if so, what we can do to catch the
traps. A
> >     quick and easy hack would be to simply attach a meteor caller
id
> >     unit to the phone side of the SPA3k and use one of several
> >     existing apps to catch the caller id data and retransmit is
as a
> >     xAP message. This will work because SPA delivers caller id on
the
> >     analogue side (albeit in the US format by default, but that
makes
> >     little/no difference).
> >
> >     HTH
> >     Patrick
> >
> >     2009/6/11 Paul Gale <groups2@xxxxxxx
> >     <mailto:groups2@xxxxxxx>>
> >

> >         Hi Nigel =96 can=92t help with the time aspect! But did
you
> >         consider running one of the easy-to-install asterisk
packages
> >         such as FreePBX or Trixbox in a VMWare server environment
=96 n=
> >         extra hardware needed and works well (so far in my
testing).

> >         Of course, you still need a bit of time to install it
all! And
> >         still maybe overkill for just getting CLI from the VOIP
call?

> >         Paul.
> >

> >         *From:* xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> >         <mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx>
> >         [mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx
*On Behalf Of *Nigel
> >         Giddings
> >         *Sent:* 11 June 2009 08:14
> >
> >         *To:* xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> >         <mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx>
> >         *Subject:* [xap_automation] CLI using XAP and Sipura SPA
3000
> >         / Linksys3102
> >

> >         Hi Patrick,
> >

> >         Thanks for picking up on the thread=85
> >

> >         The only information I could find is at this link
> >

> >         http://www.voipuser.org/forum_topic_1213.html
> >         <http://www.voipuser.org/forum_topic_1213.html>
> >

> >         There is mention of xAP but it looks as if it never came
> >         anything?
> >

> >         I=92m not using Asterisk. I have played in the past and
it is
> >         very good but can=92t really justify the overhead (H/W
& time)
> >         at the moment=85 I am using the SPA with a VoIP account
on a
> >         www.gradwell.com/voip <http://www.gradwell.com/voip>
service
> >         at the moment just while I do some work with a company,
easy
> >         way for them to pick up the bills and of course it is
cheaper
> >         to make calls =91on-net=92.
> >

> >         I do have a small PBX and the ATA presents as an incoming
> >         line=85. SWMBO is now confused because if we receive an
incomin=
> >         VoIP call there is no announcement, where as there is on
the
> >         PSTN=85.
> >

> >         Have to note here that the voice announcements get a very
high
> >         SWMBO approval rating=85
> >

> >         TIA
> >

> >         Nigel
> >

> >         PS I have sent this as a separate mail as I can=92t send
> >         response with this attached for some reason=85.

--000e0cd24774fbdf7f046c14e649

<head>

<!--

/* start of attachment style */
.ygrp-photo-title{
clear: both;
font-size: smaller;
height: 15px;
overflow: hidden;
text-align: center;
width: 75px;
}
div.ygrp-photo{
background-position: center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-color: white;
border: 1px solid black;
height: 62px;
width: 62px;
}

div.photo-title=20
a,
div.photo-title a:active,
div.photo-title a:hover,
div.photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration: none;=20
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row {
clear: both;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div {
float: left;
/* margin: 2px;*/
}

p {
clear: both;
padding: 15px 0 3px 0;
overflow: hidden;
}

div.ygrp-file {
width: 30px;
valign: middle;
}
div.attach-table div.attach-row div div a {
text-decoration: none;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div div span {
font-weight: normal;
}

div.ygrp-file-title {
font-weight: bold;
}
/* end of attachment style */
-->
</head>
<!--
#ygrp-mkp{
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
font-family: Arial;
margin: 14px 0px;
padding: 0px 14px;
}
#ygrp-mkp hr{
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
}
#ygrp-mkp #hd{
color: #628c2a;
font-size: 85%;
font-weight: bold;
line-height: 122%;
margin: 10px 0px;
}
#ygrp-mkp #ads{
margin-bottom: 10px;
}
#ygrp-mkp .ad{
padding: 0 0;
}
#ygrp-mkp .ad a{
color: #0000ff;
text-decoration: none;
}
-->
</head>

<!-- **begin egp html banner** -->

<!-- **end egp html banner** -->

At least on my setup, it would appear not... but the config to make
SPA&#39=
;s work with asterisk differs from the standalone - might be worth
download=
ing a syslogger and pointing your SPA at it &amp; seeing whether you do
get=
outgoing call data as well? All James would have to do is get xAP switchbo=
ard to pick up UDP packets from the syslog port and extract the text -
it&#=
39;s all human readable in the form
&quot;...caller&lt;number&gt;...&quot;.=
Happy to look at doing a standalone conduit type thing too if there is the=
interest...<br>
class=3D"gmail_quote">2009/6/11 Kevin Hawkins <span dir=
=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx";>yahoogroupskh@=
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D=
"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex;
padd=
ing-left: 1ex;">
Interested here too P ... :-)<br>
Is there a way of picking up the dialled info + call progress as well
-<br>
or would that require * ?<br>
It would be nice to have the Sipura standalone integrate with
=A0xAP<br>
switchboard<br>
=A0K<br>
=A0Patrick Lidstone wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; OK, I&#39;ve had a quick look, and incoming call information
(but not<=
br>
&gt; outgoing) is sent to syslog (over the network, via UDP), if you
have<b=
r>
&gt; the SPA3k configured right. It shouldn&#39;t be too difficult
to conve=
rt<br>
&gt; those into xAP messages. Which caller id schema do your
existing<br>
&gt; solutions use, Nigel? (A sample message from a xAP viewer would
be<br>
&gt; useful).<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Patrick<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; 2009/6/11 Patrick Lidstone &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:patrick@xxxxxxx"=
>patrick@xxxxxxx</a><br>
one.net</a>&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 Re. asterisk - I&#39;ve been running asterisk for
about 8 year=
s now,<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 and it is nothing short of awesome - in the last couple of
yea=
rs,<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 it&#39;s got to the point that it&#39;s rock
solid. I&#39;m a =
big fan of the<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 astlinux build, which can run from compact flash, reducing
pow=
er<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 consumption and improving reliability.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 In terms of Nigel&#39;s original ask - it looks like
incoming =
calls<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 are notified by SNMP. I&#39;ll have a look into
whether that&#=
39;s<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 actually the case, and if so, what we can do to catch the
trap=
s. A<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 quick and easy hack would be to simply attach a meteor
caller =
id<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 unit to the phone side of the SPA3k and use one of
several<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 existing apps to catch the caller id data and retransmit
is as=
a<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 xAP message. This will work because SPA delivers caller id
on =
the<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 analogue side (albeit in the US format by default, but
that ma=
kes<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 little/no difference).<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 HTH<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 Patrick<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 2009/6/11 Paul Gale &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:groups2@siliconpixel=
.com">groups2@xxxxxxx</a><br>
roups2@xxxxxxx</a>&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Hi Nigel =96 can=92t help with the time aspect!
But di=
d you<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 consider running one of the easy-to-install
asterisk p=
ackages<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 such as FreePBX or Trixbox in a VMWare server
environm=
ent =96 no<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 extra hardware needed and works well (so far in my
tes=
ting).<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Of course, you still need a bit of time to install
it =
all! And<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 still maybe overkill for just getting CLI from the
VOI=
P call?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Paul.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 *From:* <a href=3D"mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx=
om">xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a><br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 &lt;mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:xap_automation@yahoogroup=
s.com">xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 [mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx=
om">xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a><br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 &lt;mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:xap_automation@yahoogroup=
s.com">xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>&gt;] *On Behalf Of
*Nigel<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Giddings<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 *Sent:* 11 June 2009 08:14<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 *To:* <a href=3D"mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx=
">xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a><br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 &lt;mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:xap_automation@yahoogroup=
s.com">xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>&gt;<br>
XAP and Si=
pura SPA 3000<br>
Linksys3102<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Hi Patrick,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Thanks for picking up on the thread=85<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 The only information I could find is at this
link<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 <a href=3D"http://www.voipuser.org/forum_topic_1213.ht=
ml" target=3D"_blank">http://www.voipuser.org/forum_topic_1213.html</a><br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 &lt;<a href=3D"http://www.voipuser.org/forum_topic_121=
3.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.voipuser.org/forum_topic_1213.html</a>=
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 There is mention of xAP but it looks as if it
never ca=
me to<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 anything?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 I=92m not using Asterisk. I have played in the
past an=
d it is<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 very good but can=92t really justify the overhead
(H/W=
&amp; time)<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 at the moment=85 I am using the SPA with a VoIP
accoun=
t on a<br>
target=
=3D"_blank">www.gradwell.com/voip</a> &lt;<a
href=3D"http://www.gradwell.co=
m/voip" target=3D"_blank">http://www.gradwell.com/voip</a>&gt;
service<br>
just while I do some w=
ork with a company, easy<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 way for them to pick up the bills and of course it
is =
cheaper<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 to make calls =91on-net=92.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 I do have a small PBX and the ATA presents as an
incom=
ing<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 line=85. SWMBO is now confused because if we
receive a=
n incoming<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 VoIP call there is no announcement, where as there
is =
on the<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 PSTN=85.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Have to note here that the voice announcements get
a v=
ery high<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 SWMBO approval rating=85<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 TIA<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Nigel<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 PS I have sent this as a separate mail as I
can=92t se=
nd a<br>
&gt; =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 response with this attached for some
reason=85.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>