xAP vs. xPL: Differences, Benefits

  • Subject: xAP vs. xPL: Differences, Benefits
  • From: "brian.michel" <brian.michel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 14:00:16 -0000

Hey all,
I currently want to start my own home automation environment, and have
found the two feuding protocols, xAP and xPL. I'm trying to decide which
one to go with, however they are both extremely similar. I do know that xPL
forked from the xAP code, but I cannot find out why, and what differs
between the two protocols. Is one better than the other, do they provide
the same things? They seem to almost be identical, but I'm having a hard
time locating exactly where the differences lie. Any information would be
appreciated so I can get this project going! Thanks!