Re: xMonitor test release

  • Subject: Re: xMonitor test release
  • From: "JamesTraynor" <james.traynor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 20:08:44 -0000

Hi,
Yes each xAP device becomes a BSC subdevice of  xMonitor  so you can
trigger things when the message it sends are xapbsc.event and State=Off .
The app internally can send display messages too when an app is lost, you
can configure this per-device. Of course you an extend all this by
Floorplan scripting or just hack the code to do whatever you like ;-)

hth
James
--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Paul Gale <groups2@...> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> Thanks for that :)
>
> Can it be used to generate some kind of alert if a xAP device
disappears from the network?

> Thanks,
>
> Paul.

Behalf Of JamesTraynor
> > Sent: 03 June 2009 22:09
> > To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> > Subject: [xap_automation] xMonitor test release
> >
> > A new app to play with. The initial reason for xMonitor was to
monitor
> > other xAP devices and to report via BSC and optionally display
> > messages. I then thought I would use the app to demo the use of
the
> > xAPIntranet control and ajax, in particular jquery.
> > The web part of the app now features
> >
> >     * A simple live event log updated by ajax polling
> >     * A home screen showing all devices including
source,class,uid,port
> > and version. This is displayed using tablesorter which gives a
nice
> > client side sortable table
> >     * Submitting forms by POST as well as GET
> >     * Message viewer. Shows a live view of incoming messages. You
can
> > filter the view down by selecting from a tree of devices (
treeeview +
> > treeview-async). You can then either view live messages from a
device,
> > or review a particular message and resend it or tweak it before
> > resending ( lightbox)
> >
> > vb6 source code is included. Hopefully this will give some
examples or
> > ideas for new apps, whilst being quite a useful app in its own
right.
> > Download: http://mi4.biz/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=159
> >
> > The app is all rather new so there might be bugs and the code
will get
> > tidied up for later releases, and will come with a full
installer.