Re: Python playing - xAP Display for the Mac

--000e0cd28e8a5db3c6046e2dad51

A long time ago I modified a python engine itself to make it xAP aware -
slightly different from what you are doing, it effectively becomes a
self-contained xAP scripting engine, worked very well indeed for my
application. I think the source is on my website if you want to have a
look...
P.

2009/7/7 James <james.traynor@xxxxxxx>

> Hi,
>
> There are two things bugging me about my mac. Firstly I have no idea
> how to program on it and secondly not much xAP. So i've been getting
> my head around Python and made a little app, well script, that listens
> for xAP display messages and then pops them up. I'm using Growl to do
> the popups so you'll ned that installed as well as the python bindings
> that go with it.
> The script is here:
> http://mi4.biz/files/python/xAPDisplay01.txt
> It's not a  true xAP application, it only listens on the hub port and
> wont work with a hub yet,  but then I couldn't get the hub to compile
> so probably not an issue for now!  It's more  of a test than an app
> for now, but as it's already useful I thought I would share.
>
> If anyone has any python experience and could help with why the py2app
> fails with the script to build a normal application then it would
> really help and I'm sure I'm just missing something simple with paths
> to the growl libraries  but it causes the .app to fail to run.
>
> Thanks
>
> James

--000e0cd28e8a5db3c6046e2dad51

<head>

<!--

/* start of attachment style */
.ygrp-photo-title{
clear: both;
font-size: smaller;
height: 15px;
overflow: hidden;
text-align: center;
width: 75px;
}
div.ygrp-photo{
background-position: center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-color: white;
border: 1px solid black;
height: 62px;
width: 62px;
}

div.photo-title=20
a,
div.photo-title a:active,
div.photo-title a:hover,
div.photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration: none;=20
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row {
clear: both;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div {
float: left;
/* margin: 2px;*/
}

p {
clear: both;
padding: 15px 0 3px 0;
overflow: hidden;
}

div.ygrp-file {
width: 30px;
valign: middle;
}
div.attach-table div.attach-row div div a {
text-decoration: none;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div div span {
font-weight: normal;
}

div.ygrp-file-title {
font-weight: bold;
}
/* end of attachment style */
-->
</head>
<!--
#ygrp-mkp{
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
font-family: Arial;
margin: 14px 0px;
padding: 0px 14px;
}
#ygrp-mkp hr{
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
}
#ygrp-mkp #hd{
color: #628c2a;
font-size: 85%;
font-weight: bold;
line-height: 122%;
margin: 10px 0px;
}
#ygrp-mkp #ads{
margin-bottom: 10px;
}
#ygrp-mkp .ad{
padding: 0 0;
}
#ygrp-mkp .ad a{
color: #0000ff;
text-decoration: none;
}
-->
</head>

<!-- **begin egp html banner** -->

<!-- **end egp html banner** -->

A long time ago I modified a python engine itself to make it xAP aware -
sl=
ightly different from what you are doing, it effectively becomes a
self-con=
tained xAP scripting engine, worked very well indeed for my application. I
=
think the source is on my website if you want to have a look...<br>
James <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<=
a href=3D"mailto:james.traynor@xxxxxxx";>james.traynor@xxxxxxx</a>&gt;</=
span><br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote"
style=3D"border-left: 1px solid =
rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
Hi,<br>
There are two things bugging me about my mac. Firstly I have no
idea<br>
how to program on it and secondly not much xAP. So i&#39;ve been
getting<br=

my head around Python and made a little app, well script, that
listens<br>
for xAP display messages and then pops them up. I&#39;m using Growl to
do<b=
r>
the popups so you&#39;ll ned that installed as well as the python
bindings<=
br>
that go with it.<br>
The script is here:<br>
target=3D"_blank">=
http://mi4.biz/files/python/xAPDisplay01.txt</a><br>
It&#39;s not a =A0true xAP application, it only listens on the hub port
and=
wont work with a hub yet, =A0but then I couldn&#39;t get the hub to
compile=
so probably not an issue for now! =A0It&#39;s more =A0of a test than an
app=
for now, but as it&#39;s already useful I thought I would
share.<br>
If anyone has any python experience and could help with why the
py2app<br>
fails with the script to build a normal application then it would<br>
really help and I&#39;m sure I&#39;m just missing something simple
with pat=
hs<br>
to the growl libraries =A0but it causes the .app to fail to run.<br>
Thanks<br>
James<br>