Re: {Disarmed} Re: Sorted!!

--000e0cd214d2a82ef40463d539f1

Nice work Dave! It is worth mentioning that there have been reports of
memory leaks with my OCX. I never got to the bottom of it, it's far from
universal, but some people definitely reported problems.

Patrick

2009/2/26 Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx>

> The code doesn't replace the OCX - it's just based around a different
> OCX although you could adapt back and continue with Patricks.
>
> xAP uses 'schema' which are the message descriptions for various
> devices/data. I am not sure if you are using an existing schema or at
> this stage just push parameter data out and receive it into HomeSeer
as
> a custom schema (no problem with that either).
>
> One of our schema called Basic Status and Control or 'BSC' is very
> popular and creates great interoperability between devices.  It
handles
> simple data for binary, level and text based devices.  There's also a
> matching schema called 'TSC' for telemetry/sensor data.   Should you
> decide to use BSC then the Framework can help implement it.  BSC is a
> two way schema allowing status to be requested, commands to be sent
and
> it provides realtime events if anything changes. It also periodically
> reports known status.  The framework helps you implement this as well
as
> providing code for wildcard source/target address matching etc.   Just
> avoids you having to reinvent the wheel.    I'll dig some code out and
> you can see if any of it is useful - give me a bit of time to dig it
out.

> Cheers Kevin
>
>   Dave McLaughlin wrote:
> >
> > Hi Kevin
> >

> > Is pretty good that I got it working. Really is amazing how easy
it is
> > with the OCX and only took me a few hours to get the Zigbee
working
> > with some test code. Just now it is requesting the count of KWh
from
> > the unit I hung off the electric meter and is now displaying the
value
> > and the cost in Homeseer Touch.
> >

> > I am indeed using C for the Atmel. I use the excellent Codevision
AVR
> > compiler and have done for many years. I keep it updated each
year and
> > the support and capabilities are worth every penny.
> >

> > I would certainly be interesting in looking at your code to  see
how
> > it hangs together instead of using the OCX.
> >

> > Dave...
> >
> > ---
> > Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes!!!
> > ---
> > http://www.embeddedcomputer.co.uk
<http://www.embeddedcomputer.co.uk>
> > ---

Behalf Of *Kevin Hawkins
> > *Sent:* 26 February 2009 20:18
> > *To:* xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> > *Subject:* {Disarmed} Re: [xap_automation] Sorted!!
> >

> > Just thought...
> >
> > The xAP BSC schema is a particularly useful one to implement and
is
> > very simple yet powerful and gives great 'plug and play'
compatibility.
> > Implementing it thoroughly as a two way schema takes a bit of
work. IT
> > may be applicable to your project.
> >
> > I do have an 'in progress' xAP BSC Framework that I started to
> > write in VB6 and although it originally used Patricks OCX I
changed it
> > to James' Intranet OCX (mi4) . I never finished this to a release
level
> > but it's pretty complete and fairly self explanatory and may help
you
> > with your project. You're welcome to that (VB6) code if you wish.
> >
> > BTW Are you using C to program the onboard Atmel devices ?
> >
> > Cheers Kevin

--000e0cd214d2a82ef40463d539f1

<head>

<!--

/* start of attachment style */
.ygrp-photo-title{
clear: both;
font-size: smaller;
height: 15px;
overflow: hidden;
text-align: center;
width: 75px;
}
div.ygrp-photo{
background-position: center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-color: white;
border: 1px solid black;
height: 62px;
width: 62px;
}

div.photo-title=20
a,
div.photo-title a:active,
div.photo-title a:hover,
div.photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration: none;=20
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row {
clear: both;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div {
float: left;
/* margin: 2px;*/
}

p {
clear: both;
padding: 15px 0 3px 0;
overflow: hidden;
}

p span {
color: #628C2A;
}

div.ygrp-file {
width: 30px;
valign: middle;
}
div.attach-table div.attach-row div div a {
text-decoration: none;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div div span {
font-weight: normal;
}

div.ygrp-file-title {
font-weight: bold;
}
/* end of attachment style */
-->
</head>
<!--
#ygrp-mkp{
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
font-family: Arial;
margin: 14px 0px;
padding: 0px 14px;
}
#ygrp-mkp hr{
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
}
#ygrp-mkp #hd{
color: #628c2a;
font-size: 85%;
font-weight: bold;
line-height: 122%;
margin: 10px 0px;
}
#ygrp-mkp #ads{
margin-bottom: 10px;
}
#ygrp-mkp .ad{
padding: 0 0;
}
#ygrp-mkp .ad a{
color: #0000ff;
text-decoration: none;
}
-->
</head>

Nice work Dave! It is worth mentioning that there have been reports of
memo=
ry leaks with my OCX. I never got to the bottom of it, it&#39;s far
from un=
iversal, but some people definitely reported
Hawkins <span dir=3D"ltr">&l=
t;<a href=3D"mailto:yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx";>yahoogroupskh@googlemail.=
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-lef=
t: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left:
1=
ex;">
The code doesn&#39;t replace the OCX - it&#39;s just based around a
differe=
nt<br>
OCX although you could adapt back and continue with Patricks.<br>
xAP uses &#39;schema&#39; which are the message descriptions for
various<br=

devices/data. I am not sure if you are using an existing schema or
at<br>
this stage just push parameter data out and receive it into HomeSeer
as<br>
a custom schema (no problem with that either).<br>
One of our schema called Basic Status and Control or &#39;BSC&#39;
is very<=
br>
popular and creates great interoperability between devices. =A0It
handles<b=
r>
simple data for binary, level and text based devices. =A0There&#39;s
also a=
matching schema called &#39;TSC&#39; for telemetry/sensor data. =A0
Should =
you<br>
decide to use BSC then the Framework can help implement it. =A0BSC is
a<br>
two way schema allowing status to be requested, commands to be sent
and<br>
it provides realtime events if anything changes. It also
periodically<br>
reports known status. =A0The framework helps you implement this as well
as<=
br>
providing code for wildcard source/target address matching etc. =A0
Just<br=

avoids you having to reinvent the wheel. =A0 =A0I&#39;ll dig some code
out =
and<br>
you can see if any of it is useful - give me a bit of time to dig it
out.<b=
r>
Cheers Kevin<br>
=A0 Dave McLaughlin wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Hi Kevin<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Is pretty good that I got it working. Really is amazing how easy
it is=
&gt; with the OCX and only took me a few hours to get the Zigbee
working<br=

&gt; with some test code. Just now it is requesting the count of KWh
from<b=
r>
&gt; the unit I hung off the electric meter and is now displaying the
value=
&gt; and the cost in Homeseer Touch.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I am indeed using C for the Atmel. I use the excellent Codevision
AVR<=
br>
&gt; compiler and have done for many years. I keep it updated each year
and=
&gt; the support and capabilities are worth every penny.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I would certainly be interesting in looking at your code to =A0see
how=
&gt; it hangs together instead of using the OCX.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Dave...<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; ---<br>
&gt; Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes!!!<br>
&gt; ---<br>
target=3D"_blank">=
http://www.embeddedcomputer.co.uk</a>
&lt;<a href=3D"http://www.embeddedcom=
puter.co.uk" target=3D"_blank">http://www.embeddedcomputer.co.uk</a>&gt;<br=

&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; *From:* <a href=3D"mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automati=
on@xxxxxxx</a><br>
&gt; [mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automati=
on@xxxxxxx</a>] *On Behalf Of *Kevin Hawkins<br>
&gt; *Sent:* 26 February 2009 20:18<br>
&gt; *To:* <a href=3D"mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation=
@yahoogroups.com</a><br>
&gt; *Subject:* {Disarmed} Re: [xap_automation] Sorted!!<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Just thought...<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; The xAP BSC schema is a particularly useful one to implement and
is<br=

&gt; very simple yet powerful and gives great &#39;plug and
play&#39; compa=
tibility.<br>
&gt; Implementing it thoroughly as a two way schema takes a bit of
work. IT=
&gt; may be applicable to your project.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I do have an &#39;in progress&#39; xAP BSC Framework that
I started to=
&gt; write in VB6 and although it originally used Patricks OCX I
changed it=
&gt; to James&#39; Intranet OCX (mi4) . I never finished this to a
release =
level<br>
&gt; but it&#39;s pretty complete and fairly self explanatory and
may help =
you<br>
&gt; with your project. You&#39;re welcome to that (VB6) code if
you wish.<=
br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; BTW Are you using C to program the onboard Atmel devices
?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Cheers Kevin<br>
&gt;<br>