Re: {Disarmed} Re: Sorted!!

The code doesn't replace the OCX - it's just based around a different
OCX although you could adapt back and continue with Patricks.

xAP uses 'schema' which are the message descriptions for various
devices/data. I am not sure if you are using an existing schema or at
this stage just push parameter data out and receive it into HomeSeer as
a custom schema (no problem with that either).

One of our schema called Basic Status and Control or 'BSC' is very
popular and creates great interoperability between devices.  It handles
simple data for binary, level and text based devices.  There's also a
matching schema called 'TSC' for telemetry/sensor data.   Should you
decide to use BSC then the Framework can help implement it.  BSC is a
two way schema allowing status to be requested, commands to be sent and
it provides realtime events if anything changes. It also periodically
reports known status.  The framework helps you implement this as well as
providing code for wildcard source/target address matching etc.   Just
avoids you having to reinvent the wheel.    I'll dig some code out and
you can see if any of it is useful - give me a bit of time to dig it out.

Cheers Kevin

Dave McLaughlin wrote:

> Hi Kevin
>

> Is pretty good that I got it working. Really is amazing how easy it is
> with the OCX and only took me a few hours to get the Zigbee working
> with some test code. Just now it is requesting the count of KWh from
> the unit I hung off the electric meter and is now displaying the value
> and the cost in Homeseer Touch.
>

> I am indeed using C for the Atmel. I use the excellent Codevision AVR
> compiler and have done for many years. I keep it updated each year and
> the support and capabilities are worth every penny.
>

> I would certainly be interesting in looking at your code to  see how
> it hangs together instead of using the OCX.
>

> Dave...
>
> ---
> Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes!!!
> ---
> http://www.embeddedcomputer.co.uk
<http://www.embeddedcomputer.co.uk>
> ---

Behalf Of *Kevin Hawkins
> *Sent:* 26 February 2009 20:18
> *To:* xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> *Subject:* {Disarmed} Re: [xap_automation] Sorted!!
>

> Just thought...
>
> The xAP BSC schema is a particularly useful one to implement and is
> very simple yet powerful and gives great 'plug and play'
compatibility.