Re: Developing Embedded xAP Devices

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "Neil Wrightson"
<neilw@...> wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>

> Definitely have to work on the Wildcarding side of things.
>
> Can't say that I fully understand how they work. I will have to go
back to
> the doco.
>

> How is version 1.3 or is it 1.4 of the BSC doc going?

There are no plans on the horizon for a BSC v1.4 specification .  The BSC
v1.3 spec is published on the xAP Automation web site.

> I'm not sure if I should be using UID of FF123456 or FF.1234:56 etc
etc?

I hope I've outlined the difference in previous messages - totally up to
you. My recommendation is to use the new xAP v1.3 UID format but if your
device fits comfortably inside the older (published) xAP v1.2 format then
that's fine - it will be compatible.

> How about a beta version of the document.

Not at the moment - but the key changes have been well itemised here.

Kevin