Re: Easiest / ready way to send xAP data from Weather station CSV-log?

  • Subject: Re: Easiest / ready way to send xAP data from Weather station CSV-log?
  • From: "ukusaconsulting" <yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 09:54:32 -0000

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "esa.kolu"
<esa.kolu@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have existing wireless weather station (OS WMRS200) with 8 extra
temp/humid sensors. As I am using WSDL-S/W, all measured data is available
in CSV-format on my weather XP-PC.

> Now I have desided to expand system to Home Automation build on xAP
open platform and only thing what is keeping me is diffculty to get WS-data
to separate xAP-hub/datalogger. E.g. even if willing to spend some money
RFXCOM does not confirm their capatability to xAP (only to xPL).

I think (although I do not currently have one) that RFXCOM does support xAP
using the xapmcsRF connnector.  Very soon I will have an RFXCOM so I may be
able to confirm this, although my integration route is likely to be via the
HomeSeer official plugin.  Here is a document from the RFXCOM site

http://www.rfxcom.com/documents/xAP_Homeseer.pdf

Although it is entitled HomeSeer it imports data into HS via xAP so it is
appropriate to you.

> Only weather station S/W, which sends xAP info is Cumulus, but they
don't support my weaher station.

Weather Display is also xAP enabled - does that support your hardware ?

http://www.xapautomation.org/index.php?title=Weather_Display

> Any proposals, where to find easy way out (I am now developer). I have
looked e.g. mi4 xAPBSCcmd-sw, but looks that it does not support analogue
valus.

I am not quite sure what software you are referring to. xAPBSC.cmd is the
command message within the Basic Status and Control schema and is a xAP
Automation protocol.  mi4 has a product called xAP Floorplan that displays
xAPBSC (and other) schema data - were you meaning that ?

xAPBSC will handle analog values (and xAP Floorplan will display them) but
it does not support negative values or measurements easily - instead for
this purpose you should use xAPTSC (Telemetry Status and Control).

Alternatively you can include any text you wish within a xAP BSC message of
course. For this you could either use a text device - representing the
level device instead as a text device,   or use a level device but include
an additional displaytext parameter.

Level=1004/1500
Displaytext=Air Pressure 1004 hpa

> Would be great if someone could create tool, that would publish (send)
last row of CSV to xAP-network.

As a developer that maybe could be your first application ;-)