Re: Basic Scripting tool

A major difference with xAP is that we do not focus around a specific
PC
application centric control application - like xPLHAL. xAP's control can
be either centralised or distributed or both and you can opt for PC
applications or embedded controllers for the scripting, scheduling and
logic functions.   The centralised configuration aspects of xPLHAL are
neat though.

Our approach has been to integrate with peoples existing solutions, and
many leading commercial HA software applications have inbuilt xAP
support or a xAP plugin available so you can continue to use your
favourite.   Having said that there are also several 'free' xAP
dedicated scripting/control engines available and you can use many
languages eg VBS by way of the OCX.

xAP Floorplan is highly recommended and the most fully featured 'free'
control application for xAP and supports inbuilt scripting, scheduling
and logic as well as a realtime browser (AJAX) interface (mi4)
xAP Desktop allows you to create widgets that integrate with your
Windows desktop (mi4)
BSC Mapper allows you to link BSC outputs and inputs directly, offers
basic logic but no scheduler or scripting. (Ascentium/UKUSA)
OPNMax is a standalone embedded BSC controller offering scheduling,
logic and scripting as well as database, graphing, PHP, web interface.
This is a free firmware update to the versatile and low cost NSLU2 Slug
device.(OPNode)

Commercial HA applications with xAP support:

HomeSeer (and via this MainLobby)
Charmed Quark Controller
MisterHouse
Cortex (IDRAnet)
HouseBot
Premise (?)
Girder
xLobby

HTH  Kevin

BTW xPLHAL includes a scriptable xAP bridge .  xAP Floorplan also has
inbuilt xPL bridging which works well for bringing xPL messages into the
xAP world as the xPL message construct is essentially a subset of xAP.

> Hi,
>
> What do you use as a basic scripting tool.
> I.e.
> A BSC input changes over now turn on a BSC output.
> Or
> A Weigand input is detected and I now need to validate the RFID
> number and then turn on a BSC output for a period of time.
> Or
> The time > Sunset and the Time is < Sunrise and BSC input
detected