Re: xAP, Sonos and CurrentCost

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Neil Spellings <lists2@...>
wrote:

> My next challenge is to try and control my Sonos music system, and was
> wondering whether this would be possible via xAP? IS there such a
connector?

Nope - but there is the tools to make one should you wish ;-) There is an
excellent VB script component from Osler that you could use that handles
all the UPnP stuff that you could layer the xAP-audio schema on top of..

I've taken an easier (lazy) route and use that script along with the
optional skin that Osler created in conjunction with HouseBot.  Edward has
written a really useful xAP plugin for HouseBot and that's how I get my
Sonos system integrated with xAP.

One of the other benefits of this is that HouseBot includes a touch screen
interface designer so you can create screens that control/update from xAP -
and indeed from Cortex should you wish.  The disadvantage is that it's
another HA application but several things it does well supplement Cortex
very well.

http://www.housebot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=856041

> Also, I've emailed Kevin several times about this xAPPower application
> for the CurrentCost device but he seems to have gone AWOL -I'd love to
> get this integrated with Cortex also to record engergy usage.
>
> Cheers

I have responded to you on this Neil - xAPPower is an application I nearly
finished but the other Kevin (Kevin T) announced he was also to release a
xAP application for Current Cost so I shelved mine. It's not currently
available although anyone is welcome to the code I had produced so far.

Unfortunately I have not seen KevinT's application available for download
yet but I know there are various in development versions around.   I don't
believe KevinT's app simulates pulse output which you would need for Cortex
however :-(

Was it myself or Kevin T your were after ? I have not had any difficulty
with contacting Kevin T by email. Give it another try...