Re: Linux

Not sure if your need is to run the GUI application on Linux or just
be
able to view it ?

Floorplan is a Windows application - I am not sure if anyone has tried
it under Wine or indeed if you are even prepared to run Wine.  The GUI
for FP is presented via a web browser so you could use a Linux Browser
being served from a Windows PC if that helps ?   James may have some
more helpful information to add on this.....

Although I've never used it there's Misterhouse, which is well regarded
by many.
http://www.misterhouse.com

There may be others...I'm not a Linux user I'm afraid so I haven't any
experience here.  My xAP forays into this area with ZoneMinder left me
knowing my limits. My only Linux xAP application  is Opnode's OPNMax
(embedded rather than PC) - highly recommended although more as a
controller than a GUI.  It does have a basic web interface though and
database functionality that can link to a graphing application.

http://sites.google.com/a/usapiens.com/opnode/
http://sites.google.com/a/usapiens.com/opnode/products/opn-max

I also can't remember if you use HomeSeer (?) - if so there's a HSTouch
Linux client on the way, but again this would require HS on a Windows
host.  The Barionet could be coded to serve modified xAP control web
pages too, if that's a possibility, although I think it could be a
little under resourced in terms of UDP handling for such an application.