Generic Intranet Wrapper - was Re: xAP Plugin for SqueezeCenter v2.2.1 released

  • Subject: Generic Intranet Wrapper - was Re: xAP Plugin for SqueezeCenter v2.2.1 released
  • From: "turner228" <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 22:14:03 -0000

Hi again Kevin

Must have missed this one....

There are 3 versions of the "Generic Internet Wrapper"

Firstly the one posted on the netcomp download area on mi4.biz, which=20
is probably the one you are using, which simply allows you to=20
incorporate a single website in your xAP Intranet system.=20

This works for most web servers you might find, both on your home=20
network and on the wider internet. Notable exceptions are ebay and=20
xAPAutomation.org(!) which insist on 'jumping out'.

There a number of example sets of ini files and background graphics=20
and icons in the same area on mi4.biz

The second is a development of the above which supports xAPIntranet=20
Groups and has the basics of a config page added

An example of its use on my Intranet is for TivoWeb, and also for the=20
WDLive weather station web server for which I posted screen dumps here

http://www.netcompsys.co.uk/Weather/index.html

The third  is a development of the second and utilises the=20
xAPIntranet tabbed interface to incorporate multiple, hopefully=20
related, web servers under the one wrapper, up to 10 tabs seem to be=20
ok.

On my Intranet I have 3 instances of this running, one for collecting=20
together the local networks management web servers, like the router,=20
NAS box, and WAP, the second is for internet sites like Google=20
Calendar, tv.blinkx, and some of  the main xAP sites. The third is=20
used for collecting togeter a selection of Internet Radio Stations.

The first two are shown the last 4 screen dumps in a gallery here

http://www.netcompsys.co.uk/Preview1/index.html
=20
I have been using the latter two now on my own network for about 6=20
months, but they have not been posted publicly as yet. As always=20
motivating myself to create even the most rudimentary user=20
documentaion is the stumbling block.=20

Probably should do a restricted release first too, so I would be=20
willing to have a couple of people try these out. Requests off list=20
please....

Kevin T
www.netcomp.biz=20

=20
--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins=20
<yahoogroupskh@...> wrote:

> I forgot - one more question - do you need to run one copy for each=20
> extra generic intranet application - or is it possible to wrap them=20
all=20
> in one instance of the application - which would be much easier to=20
start=20
> and manage ?  Each would need different settings data & icons
though
>=20
>=20
> Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> > It's a very useful app Kevin - and I have a few things I
include=20
this=20
> > way.=20=20=20
> >
> > One aspect is that it leaves the tray icon present when
Intranet=20
> > Launcher is running- whereas the other Intranet aware apps
hide=20
> > themselves.   Would it be possible for it to disappear this
way=20
and be=20
> > accessible via an Intranet Launcher 'exit/show' menu like say
xAP=20
Blue=20
> > has  (although actually I can't get Blue to 'exit' the 'show'=20
does work).

> > Kevin T wrote:
> >=20=20=20
> >> Hi
> >>=20=20
> >> Unless Edward was to implement the full fuctionality of the
web=20
> >> interface as provided by xAPIntranet.ocx, I think this might
be=20
a bit=20
> >> one way, that is squeezecenter would appear in the icon
menu=20
along the=20
> >> top of a xAPIntranet application, but once you got to=20
squeezecenter=20
> >> you would not have the means in that web interface to access
any=20
other=20
> >> xAPIntranet applications. Of course It would allow the
Intranet=20
> >> Launcher to work OK but it would be a bit "half of a
job" if=20
only the=20
> >> Intranet Launcher worked properly
> >>=20=20
> >> If I may suggest as an alternative, you can embed
squeezecenter=20
web=20
> >> interface in the "Generic Intranet Wrapper" which I
 have made=20
> >> available on James mi4 site. This should give you everything
you=20
need=20
> >> as its function is to allow any web interface to be embedded
in=20
a=20
> >> xAPIntranet system. I have done this successfully with
earlier=20
> >> versions of this squeezebox web interface.
> >>=20=20
> >> I have a couple of unpublished, updated versions of the
Wrapper=20
> >> available as well if you would care to try them out
> >>=20=20
> >> Kevin T
> >> www.netcomp.biz <http://www.netcomp.biz>
> >>=20=20
> >>

> >>=20=20
> >> On 21/10/2008, *max barker* <vworpi@...=20
> >> <mailto:vworpi@...>> wrote:
> >>
> >>     http://mi4.biz/modules.php?name=3DContent&pa=3Dshowpage&pid=3D48
> >>     <http://mi4.biz/modules.php?name=3DContent&pa=3Dshowpage&pid=3D48>
> >>
> >>     web.service messages to announce the location of the=20
Squeezecenter
> >>     web interface.
> >>

> >>     2008/10/21 Edward Pearson <edward.mailgroup@...
> >>     <mailto:edward.mailgroup@...>>
> >>
> >>         Me no understand. "intranet messages"?
> >>
> >>=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
> >>
> >>         *From:* xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> >>         <mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx>
> >>         [mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx
*On Behalf Of=20
*max barker
> >>         *Sent:* 18 October 2008 15:03
> >>
> >>         *To:* xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> >>         <mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx>
> >>         *Subject:* Re: [xap_automation] xAP Plugin for=20
SqueezeCenter
> >>         v2.2.1 released
> >>
> >>=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
> >>
> >>         Any chance you can add support for xAP intranet
messages?

> >>         Max
> >>
> >>         2008/10/15 Edward Pearson <edward.mailgroup@...
> >>         <mailto:edward.mailgroup@...>>
> >>
> >>         Hmmm =96 I thought State was mandatory :-/
> >>
> >>=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
> >>
> >>         There's another, closely related, bug in v2.2.1 =96
the=20
plugin
> >>         won't respond to an absolute level
> >>
> >>         Level=3D50/100 works
> >>
> >>         Level=3D50 doesn't work.
> >>
> >>=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
> >>
> >>         Fixes for both these will be in v.2.2.2 =96 later
this=20
week.

> >>=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
> >>
> >>         Edward
> >>
> >>=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
> >>
> >>         *From:* xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> >>         <mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx>
> >>         [mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> >>         <mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx>]
*On Behalf Of=20
*Kevin
> >>         Hawkins
> >>         *Sent:* 14 October 2008 00:17
> >>

> >>         *To:* xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> >>         <mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx>
> >>
> >>         *Subject:* Re: [xap_automation] xAP Plugin for=20
SqueezeCenter
> >>         v2.2.1 released
> >>
> >>=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
> >>
> >>         Funny - we were just chatting about that last
night...

> >>         A BSC node should accept a cmd message with any or
all
> >>         (including none)
> >>         of the parameters and action them accordingly.
However=20
the ID=3D
> >>         parameter
> >>         is mandatory and must always be included - (even if
it=20
is ID=3D*)

> >>         max barker wrote:
> >>         > I'm not sure what the BSC spec is for this, but
the=20
connector
> >>         doesn't
> >>         > apply levels from a xapbsc.cmd message if a
state isn't
> >>         present. eg
> >>         > from opn-max:
> >>         >
> >>         > xap-header
> >>         > {
> >>         > v=3D12
> >>         > hop=3D1
> >>         > uid=3DFF017700
> >>         > class=3DxAPBSC.cmd
> >>         > source=3Dopnode.opnmax.xapmaster
> >>         > target=3Dersp.SlimServer.Server:kitchenSqueeze
> >>         > }
> >>         > output.state.1
> >>         > {
> >>         > id=3D*
> >>         > level=3D75/100
> >>         > }
> >>         >
> >>         > Add a state=3Don or off in there and the level
changes=20
accordingly.
<edward.mailgroup@...
> >>         <mailto:edward.mailgroup%40blueyonder.co.uk>
> >>         > <mailto:edward.mailgroup@...
> >>         <mailto:edward.mailgroup%40blueyonder.co.uk>>>
> >>         >
> >>         > I've just released an update to the xAP
SqueezeCenter=20
plug-in.
> >>         >
> >>         > Change log (v2.2.1):
> >>         > Fixed case where Now.Playing shows wrong song
data=20
after player
> >>         > sync/unsync.
> >>         > Fixed issue where BSC ID=3Dnnnn parameter being
parsed
> >>         incorrectly in
> >>         > xAPBSC.Cmd messages.
> >>         > Added xAPBSC.Cmd state=3Dtoggle.
> >>         > Improved BSC Event/Info selection/timing.
> >>         > Send xAPBSC.Event when DisplayText changes
(maybe off-
spec but
> >>         > useful).
> >>         > Send xAPBSC.Event on power up due to xAP-
Audio.Transport command.
> >>         > Added alarm notifications to
xAP-Audio.Schedule.Event=20
messages.
> >>         > Added simple alarm control (enable/disable all)
via
> >>         > xAP-Audio.Schedule.
> >>         > Removed last dependencies on legacy command
execution=20
(which is
> >>         > broken in
> >>         > 7.2.1 23353).
> >>         > Harmonised log4perl logger categories and added
to=20
documentation
> >>         > to user
> >>         > manual.
> >>         >
> >>         > The most recent officially supported
SqueezeCenter=20
release
> >>         remains 7.2
> >>         > though this plug-in release does address the=20
significant
> >>         > incompatibility
> >>         > with 7.2.1 (nightly up to 23353) that broke
handling=20
incoming
<http://www.erspearson.com/xAP>>