Re: xAP Plugin for SqueezeCenter v2.2.1 released

  • Subject: Re: xAP Plugin for SqueezeCenter v2.2.1 released
  • From: "turner228" <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 19:21:32 -0000

Hi Kevin, glad your using the Generic Intranet Wrapper App.

The feature you describe is part of Intranet Launcher. I think the=20
posted version of the Intranet wrapper probably pre-dates the=20
availability of that facility.=20

However I have beedn working on updates to the app in the background,=20
including a multi tab version, and I have an example of the necessary=20
code from James, so I am sure this will appear in a later version....

Kevin T
www.netcomp.biz=20

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins=20
<yahoogroupskh@...> wrote:

> It's a very useful app Kevin - and I have a few things I include=20
this=20
> way.=20=20=20
>=20
> One aspect is that it leaves the tray icon present when Intranet=20
> Launcher is running- whereas the other Intranet aware apps hide=20
> themselves.   Would it be possible for it to disappear this way and=20
be=20
> accessible via an Intranet Launcher 'exit/show' menu like say xAP=20
Blue=20
> has  (although actually I can't get Blue to 'exit' the 'show' does=20
work).
>=20
>=20
> Kevin T wrote:
> > Hi
> >=20=20
> > Unless Edward was to implement the full fuctionality of the
web=20
> > interface as provided by xAPIntranet.ocx, I think this might be
a=20
bit=20
> > one way, that is squeezecenter would appear in the icon menu=20
along the=20
> > top of a xAPIntranet application, but once you got to=20
squeezecenter=20
> > you would not have the means in that web interface to access
any=20
other=20
> > xAPIntranet applications. Of course It would allow the
Intranet=20
> > Launcher to work OK but it would be a bit "half of a
job" if only=20
the=20
> > Intranet Launcher worked properly
> >=20=20
> > If I may suggest as an alternative, you can embed
squeezecenter=20
web=20
> > interface in the "Generic Intranet Wrapper" which I
have made=20
> > available on James mi4 site. This should give you everything
you=20
need=20
> > as its function is to allow any web interface to be embedded in
a=20
> > xAPIntranet system. I have done this successfully with earlier=20
> > versions of this squeezebox web interface.
> >=20=20
> > I have a couple of unpublished, updated versions of the
Wrapper=20
> > available as well if you would care to try them out
> >=20=20
> > Kevin T
> > www.netcomp.biz <http://www.netcomp.biz>
> >=20=20
> >

> >=20=20
> > On 21/10/2008, *max barker* <vworpi@...=20
> > <mailto:vworpi@...>> wrote:
> >
> >     http://mi4.biz/modules.php?name=3DContent&pa=3Dshowpage&pid=3D48
> >     <http://mi4.biz/modules.php?name=3DContent&pa=3Dshowpage&pid=3D48>
> >
> >     web.service messages to announce the location of the=20
Squeezecenter
> >     web interface.
> >

> >     2008/10/21 Edward Pearson <edward.mailgroup@...
> >     <mailto:edward.mailgroup@...>>
> >
> >         Me no understand. "intranet messages"?
> >
> >=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
> >
> >         *From:* xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> >         <mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx>
> >         [mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx
*On Behalf Of=20
*max barker
> >         *Sent:* 18 October 2008 15:03
> >
> >         *To:* xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> >         <mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx>
> >         *Subject:* Re: [xap_automation] xAP Plugin for=20
SqueezeCenter
> >         v2.2.1 released
> >
> >=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
> >
> >         Any chance you can add support for xAP intranet messages?
> >
> >         Max
> >
> >         2008/10/15 Edward Pearson <edward.mailgroup@...
> >         <mailto:edward.mailgroup@...>>
> >
> >         Hmmm =96 I thought State was mandatory :-/
> >
> >=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
> >
> >         There's another, closely related, bug in v2.2.1 =96
the=20
plugin
> >         won't respond to an absolute level
> >
> >         Level=3D50/100 works
> >
> >         Level=3D50 doesn't work.
> >
> >=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
> >
> >         Fixes for both these will be in v.2.2.2 =96 later this
week.

> >=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
> >
> >         Edward
> >
> >=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
> >
> >         *From:* xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> >         <mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx>
> >         [mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> >         <mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx>]
*On Behalf Of=20
*Kevin
> >         Hawkins
> >         *Sent:* 14 October 2008 00:17
> >

> >         *To:* xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> >         <mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx>
> >
> >         *Subject:* Re: [xap_automation] xAP Plugin for=20
SqueezeCenter
> >         v2.2.1 released
> >
> >=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
> >
> >         Funny - we were just chatting about that last night...
> >

> >         A BSC node should accept a cmd message with any or all
> >         (including none)
> >         of the parameters and action them accordingly. However=20
the ID=3D
> >         parameter
> >         is mandatory and must always be included - (even if it
is=20
ID=3D*)

> >         max barker wrote:
> >         > I'm not sure what the BSC spec is for this, but
the=20
connector
> >         doesn't
> >         > apply levels from a xapbsc.cmd message if a state
isn't
> >         present. eg
> >         > from opn-max:
> >         >
> >         > xap-header
> >         > {
> >         > v=3D12
> >         > hop=3D1
> >         > uid=3DFF017700
> >         > class=3DxAPBSC.cmd
> >         > source=3Dopnode.opnmax.xapmaster
> >         > target=3Dersp.SlimServer.Server:kitchenSqueeze
> >         > }
> >         > output.state.1
> >         > {
> >         > id=3D*
> >         > level=3D75/100
> >         > }
> >         >
> >         > Add a state=3Don or off in there and the level
changes=20
accordingly.
> >         >
> >         > Max
> >         >
> >         > 2008/10/2 Edward Pearson <edward.mailgroup@...
> >         <mailto:edward.mailgroup%40blueyonder.co.uk>
> >         > <mailto:edward.mailgroup@...
> >         <mailto:edward.mailgroup%40blueyonder.co.uk>>>
> >         >
> >         > I've just released an update to the xAP
SqueezeCenter=20
plug-in.
> >         >
> >         > Change log (v2.2.1):
> >         > Fixed case where Now.Playing shows wrong song
data=20
after player
> >         > sync/unsync.
> >         > Fixed issue where BSC ID=3Dnnnn parameter being
parsed
> >         incorrectly in
> >         > xAPBSC.Cmd messages.
> >         > Added xAPBSC.Cmd state=3Dtoggle.
> >         > Improved BSC Event/Info selection/timing.
> >         > Send xAPBSC.Event when DisplayText changes (maybe
off-
spec but
> >         > useful).
> >         > Send xAPBSC.Event on power up due to xAP-
Audio.Transport command.
> >         > Added alarm notifications to
xAP-Audio.Schedule.Event=20
messages.
> >         > Added simple alarm control (enable/disable all) via
> >         > xAP-Audio.Schedule.
> >         > Removed last dependencies on legacy command
execution=20
(which is
> >         > broken in
> >         > 7.2.1 23353).
> >         > Harmonised log4perl logger categories and added
to=20
documentation
> >         > to user
> >         > manual.
> >         >
> >         > The most recent officially supported
SqueezeCenter=20
release
> >         remains 7.2
> >         > though this plug-in release does address the
significant
> >         > incompatibility
> >         > with 7.2.1 (nightly up to 23353) that broke
handling=20
incoming
<http://www.erspearson.com/xAP>>