Re: Hello all

------=_Part_19808_29433675.1224016544854

There's a lot of linux based xAP applications at
http://patrick.lidstone.net/haweb/ha/
That might get you started and give
you a few ideas.
There's an embedded xAP controller based around a hacked Linksys NSLU2
which
is pretty feature rich and stable http://www.opnode.org The code for the
OPN-MAX project might be something you can reuse on the livebox.

The xAP developers mailing list is at
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/xAP_developer/

What uses do you have in mind for the livebox?

Max

2008/10/13 dbzoo_com <brett@xxxxxxx>

> I'm a new member so I thought I'd drop a quick email to say
"Hello
> world".  It works for new languages so what not for email!
>
> How did I run across this forum?
> I've been hacking away on this
> http://www.dbzoo.com/wiki/livebox/livebox
and got to the point where I
> could re-write all the firmware.
>
> Then I thought "What I really need is a good home automation
protocol
> that could be used to control serial devices from it".  I bit
like the
> rabbit node I guess.  However I've got more grunt and capability.
> Bluetooth, Wifi, USB and 2x 10/100Mb NICS.
>
> That got me onto the xAP protocol and here I am.
>
> I think these devices would be a great candidates for turning into
> xAP-in-a-box solutions.  They can bought very cheaply and are readily
> hackable.
>
> What do you guys reckon?  Anyone won't to point in the right direction
> to getting one of these kitted out as an xAP appliance.
>
> Brett

------=_Part_19808_29433675.1224016544854

<!--
#ygrp-mkp{
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
font-family: Arial;
margin: 14px 0px;
padding: 0px 14px;
}
#ygrp-mkp hr{
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
}
#ygrp-mkp #hd{
color: #628c2a;
font-size: 85%;
font-weight: bold;
line-height: 122%;
margin: 10px 0px;
}
#ygrp-mkp #ads{
margin-bottom: 10px;
}
#ygrp-mkp .ad{
padding: 0 0;
}
#ygrp-mkp .ad a{
color: #0000ff;
text-decoration: none;
}
-->
</head>

applications at <a href="http://patrick.lidstone.net/haweb/ha/";>http://patrick.lidstone.net/haweb/ha/</a>
That might get you started and give you a few ideas.
Linksys NSLU2 which is pretty feature rich and stable <a href="http://www.opnode.org";>http://www.opnode.org</a> The code
for the OPN-MAX project might be something you can reuse on the
livebox.<br>
class="gmail_quote" style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204,
204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
I&#39;m a new member so I thought I&#39;d drop a quick email to say
&quot;Hello<br>
world&quot;. &nbsp;It works for new languages so what not for
email!<br>
How did I run across this forum?<br>
I&#39;ve been hacking away on this<br>
target="_blank">http://www.dbzoo.com/wiki/livebox/livebox</a>
and got to the point where I<br>
could re-write all the firmware.<br>
Then I thought &quot;What I really need is a good home automation
protocol<br>
that could be used to control serial devices from it&quot;. &nbsp;I
bit like the<br>
rabbit node I guess. &nbsp;However I&#39;ve got more grunt and
capability.<br>
Bluetooth, Wifi, USB and 2x 10/100Mb NICS.<br>
That got me onto the xAP protocol and here I am.<br>
I think these devices would be a great candidates for turning
into<br>
xAP-in-a-box solutions. &nbsp;They can bought very cheaply and are
readily<br>
hackable.<br>
What do you guys reckon? &nbsp;Anyone won&#39;t to point in the
right direction<br>
to getting one of these kitted out as an xAP appliance.<br>
Brett<br>