Re: Re: xAPCC - CurrentCost Connector

The other two sensors are intended for 3 phase and I'm not sure how
they
might perform if used on a different leg... maybe it would work but
maybe they are summed into the historic data too. I am not sure how much
you depend on the historic data in your app or if you derive everything
from the instant data.  In my experience a few instant messages went
missing so I expect you use historic..   The expected 120 degree phase
difference wouldn't be there either...

One other feature idea.  It would be really nice to have a single BSC
output that just pulsed briefly with every every 10WHr (or alternated
state every 5WHr) .  Assuming a fairly typical 2KW loading  this would
generate 200 pulses per hour which seems reasonable. Maybe the '10'
could be a config parameter.

This could then simulate the more usual pulse count meters and would
allow software (like Idrateks' Cortex application) to use your connector
for its measurements.  I know they'd appreciate such a feature...

cheers Kevin

turner228 wrote:

> Hi Kevin
> I will be in touch off list about the connector etc. Thanks
>
> To answer the sensor question as best I can, based on what I can see
>
> The xml data steam sends data for the temperature, and for 3 channels
> of energy consumption (thats the 4). As standard you get the one
> sensor jaw or clamp. but the device always sends 3 energy values even
> though the second 2 are zero. It seemed shortsighted not to make that
> data available in the connector. I may provide an option to not show
> the pages for unused sensors later.
>
> I've just been outside to look in my white box and the transmitter
> has 2 additional connectors presumably for additional clamps. I have
> not seen these for sale though.
>
> It may well be that you would use these extra sensors for 3 phase, or
> perhaps also for measuring multiple feeds from the meter, say to the
> house and the garage and the workshop. However it is certain that
> there is only one value transmitted per day, month or year, so I
> would have to assume that this would be the sum of the 3 sensors.
>
> The 1 minute graph may well be useful, I will look at that. I chose
> to have a 1 hour graph with 1 minute samples. You can definitely see
> the spike for the kettle going on, as well as the more prolonged
> bumps from items like the washing machne and cooker
>
> Kevin T
> www.netcomp.biz
>
> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com>,
Kevin Hawkins
> <yahoogroupskh@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would be interested in having a try Kevin as my currentcost
> > conduit isnt released (and I'd be happy not to have to finish it
as
> I've
> > got a bucketload of thinsg to do) . I think Richard would be
> happy
> > too. I like the idea of the Google chart usage..
> >
> > If you did want to look at my app - or pinch any of the bits
you'd
> be
> > welcome to the source code. It is based on the xAP BSC Framework,
> maybe
> > a slightly later version than the one you have with a couple of
bug
> > fixes - ( if you're using it....) One thing I did implement was
> > 'past minute' graph that updated every 6 sec which I found useful
> to see
> > how much specific devices changed things...

> > PS Are you sure there are 4 channels ?? From one head unit or
with
> > multiple ones ?
> > I didn't look in detail at this - I know there are more sensors
> > available but they are for 3 phase and not individually held
within
> the
> > data.
> >
> > turner228 wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I have been working on a CurrentCost connector on and off
for
> about
> > > the last month, and I will shortly want one or two
volunteers who