Re: xAPCC - CurrentCost Connector

  • Subject: Re: xAPCC - CurrentCost Connector
  • From: "turner228" <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 19:38:14 -0000

Hi Kevin
I will be in touch off list about the connector etc. Thanks

To answer the sensor question as best I can, based on what I can see

The xml data steam sends data for the temperature, and for 3 channels
of energy consumption (thats the 4). As standard you get the one
sensor jaw or clamp. but the device always sends 3 energy values even
though the second 2 are zero. It seemed shortsighted not to make that
data available in the connector. I may provide an option to not show
the pages for unused sensors later.

I've just been outside to look in my white box and the transmitter
has 2 additional connectors presumably for additional clamps. I have
not seen these for sale though.

It may well be that you would use these extra sensors for 3 phase, or
perhaps also for measuring multiple feeds from the meter, say to the
house and the garage and the workshop. However it is certain  that
there is only one value transmitted per day, month or year, so I
would have to assume that this would be the sum of the 3 sensors.

The 1 minute graph may well be useful, I will look at that. I chose
to have a 1 hour graph with 1 minute samples. You can definitely see
the spike for the kettle going on, as well as the more prolonged
bumps from items like the washing machne and cooker

Kevin T
www.netcomp.biz

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins
<yahoogroupskh@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I would be interested in having a try Kevin as my currentcost
> conduit isnt released (and I'd be happy not to have to finish it as
I've