From: James Traynor
To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 10:00 PM
Subject: Re: [xap_automation] Blue and Windows 2003

Hi,
Could you give this a go
http://www.mi4.biz/files/blue/xapbluewidcommdll.zip
Unzip and place it in system32.  I don't think it needs registering  but it
cant hurt.  In theory it should allow the bluetooth framework to use the
widcom stack under 2k3.
The theory part is that I don't have a 2k3 box to test this, only a virtual
one and that cant access the bluetooth hardware at all!

hth

James

Martyn Wendon wrote:
Hi James,

I'm having a similar issue too now.

I've just switched one of my machines over to Windows Server 2003 which
doesn't have the Microsoft Bluetooth stack.  So my Bluetooth adapter is
installed now with the Widcom drivers, but I don't think that the Bluetooth
library that you are using (btframework.ocx) supports it (I get "error
accessing bluetooth radio").

When the machine was originally running Windows XP I had the same issue
using the Widcom drivers, but swapping to the Microsoft Bluetooth stack
then
worked fine.

I see though that there's now an updated library under the name of
"Wireless
Communications Library" which supposedly supports a much wider range
of
Bluetooth stacks?

Is it possible for you to switch to the newer library?

Cheers,

Martyn