Re: xAP Plugin for HouseBot - a touchscreen based frontend.

  • Subject: Re: xAP Plugin for HouseBot - a touchscreen based frontend.
  • From: "Taras" <tartheode@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 14:18:04 -0000

> Yes - that seems good - Bear in mind too that you should expose
your
> existing objects within Premis so they can be reported &
controlled
> from xAP.

Good point; Premise should handle this automatically because the
generic and driver objects are bound together. Whatever happens to a
generic light object is communicated to the driver object and vice
versa.

> PS I've looked at Premise before - but seem to remember it had a
> different / channel focussed distribution model. Associated with
> Motorola/Lantronix wasn't it ? Is this the website ? - it seems down
> currently
> http://www.premisesystems.com

That's the one ... and it has the bad manners of being unavailable
today! :(

Motorola bought Premise Systems from Lantronix years ago ... didn't
do much with Premise Home Control ... apparently they used the core
technology elesewhere ... and then they discontinued it.  Perhaps as
a gesture of good will, they released the unlimited, dealer version
of Premise to the public for free. Before the site went down earlier
today, you could download it (~28 Mb) for free and take adavantage of
a product that used to sell for close to $1K.

The first hurdle for my xAP driver appears to be basic
communications! My first baby step is to create a simple listener but
I've had no luck establishing an Ethernet connection.

Assuming a xAP hub is running on localhost, what should I point
Premise's TCP/IP driver to?  Localhost, yes?  What port should it be
listening to? 3639? 3640? Other?