Re: xAP to Excel

------=_Part_13498_3269248.1213112553119

This is absolutely 100% feasible - I've done something very similar, but
never had any need to integrate it with xAP. The obvious drawback is that
you will only populate values when updates are sent - unless you have an
intermediate db or an indepent cache.

Patrick

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Kevin Hawkins
<yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Not that I'm aware of ... but it's a nice application and probably
> fairly easy if there is a UDP interface already.  Include an Excel
cell
> address as the xAP target or a use parameter perhaps.  If you were
able
> to report designated cells as they changed value , back from Excel
onto
> xAP it would allow Excel to be employed as a great maths engine for
xAP
> devices...   even more  interesting if you could update cells with
> formulas -as you could then build computed values from xAP....

> andrevdm wrote:
> >
> > I know that one can use a visual basic application to post UDP
received
> > data into Excel cells on a spreadsheet. Has anyone used xAP in
this
> > instance ?

------=_Part_13498_3269248.1213112553119

<!--
#ygrp-mkp{
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
font-family: Arial;
margin: 14px 0px;
padding: 0px 14px;
}
#ygrp-mkp hr{
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
}
#ygrp-mkp #hd{
color: #628c2a;
font-size: 85%;
font-weight: bold;
line-height: 122%;
margin: 10px 0px;
}
#ygrp-mkp #ads{
margin-bottom: 10px;
}
#ygrp-mkp .ad{
padding: 0 0;
}
#ygrp-mkp .ad a{
color: #0000ff;
text-decoration: none;
}
-->
</head>

This is absolutely 100% feasible - I&#39;ve done something very
similar, but never had any need to integrate it with xAP. The obvious
drawback is that you will only populate values when updates are sent -
unless you have an intermediate db or an indepent cache.<br>
class="gmail_quote">On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Kevin
Hawkins &lt;<a href="mailto:yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx";>yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx</a>&gt;
wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote"
style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt
0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
Not that I&#39;m aware of ... but it&#39;s a nice application and
probably<br>
fairly easy if there is a UDP interface already. &nbsp;Include an Excel
cell<br>
address as the xAP target or a use parameter perhaps. &nbsp;If you were
able<br>
to report designated cells as they changed value , back from Excel
onto<br>
xAP it would allow Excel to be employed as a great maths engine for
xAP<br>
devices... &nbsp; even more &nbsp;interesting if you could update
cells with<br>
formulas -as you could then build computed values from xAP....<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp;K<br>
class="Wj3C7c"><br>
andrevdm wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I know that one can use a visual basic application to post UDP
received<br>
&gt; data into Excel cells on a spreadsheet. Has anyone used xAP in
this<br>
&gt; instance ?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>