Re: Barionet xAP code

Glad it's working Andre ,

I'm finding a few issues with the code and I'm adding a few bits as
I progress.  It's likely I'll release an update in a week or so any
changes you want let me know - if you can highlight the actual code
changed that would be great.  Please use copious comments too.

Re the decimal values - BSC doesn't support these either - nor does
it support negative values.  What you can do however is to report them
as a displaytext parameter within a BSC block - and you can form the
decimal number by using scaled integer arithmetic in BCL and then create
a string and insert the decimal point

displaytext=51.24°c

Or you could abandon the level based BSC device altogether and use a
text one instead    text=-11.25°F

Actually, and more approriately for such 'telemetry' data we have
another schema called TSC , it's not as universal as BSC yet but we hope
eventually it will become so. - the spec for BSC and TSC are on the xAP
website

http://www.xapautomation.org/index.php?title=Schema

Kevin

Andre Van Der Merwe wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>

> no you answered my questions. i have just not checked this email
recently.

> the system is now working and i am getting the 1-wire temperatures out
> fine. Unfortunately the Barionet BCL code does not support floating
> point variables, so I can only get integer degree celcius out. If is
> use the correct xAP schema , typically 23degC corresponds to 368/4096.
> this works great.
>

> Now i am working on getting the 368/4096 to make some sence in
homeseer.

> I made some changes to the code to achieve the above. Also in the code
> it refers to a "config.txt" file which should change to
"xapcfg.txt".
> Shall i send the update ?
>
> --- On *Tue, 6/3/08, Kevin Hawkins /<yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx>/*
> wrote:
>
>     From: Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx>
>     Subject: Re: [xap_automation] Barionet xAP code
>     To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
>     Date: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 11:58 AM
>
>     Andre,
>
>     Phew....We seem to have a communication problem..
>
>     I responded to a post you made a few days back in the xAP mi4
>     plugin area on the HomeSeer BBS where you were actually using the
mcs
>     plugin - fortunately Michael saw it anyway. Also on the Barix
>     Barionet
>     forum last week I responded too and you said you already had the
>     code..
>     I have taken a look at the Barionet xAP code (the BSC v1.3
>     version) and
>     so I dusted off my own Barionet, re-tokenized it and it loaded
>     fine. I
>     posted some detailed instructions there as to how to do this.
Quite