Re: Re: floorplan not seeing speedfan messages

--------------020007080003000900090200

This issue has driven me nuts to figure out.
I've tried lots of options,  Vista and XP, old and new xFx hubs. I've
tried different addresses, network setups and broadcasts. Tried
different versions, looked at raw packets.  While I could reproduce the
issue narrowing it down never seemed to highlight the particular fault.
However I have now found it and it was really obvious! (Doh!)
The xAP spec message examples all start
xap-header
{
or
xap-hbeat
{
so to stop processing unnecessary or malformed messages if the first
line isn't one of those then it drops them. Every other app bar speedfan
uses lower case so is fine, also the older xFx hubs lower cased this
item too as messages passed through.  Speedfan sends xAP-header .This is
what confused things . I'm not saying speedfan is wrong here, far from
it, as the spec isn't that clear and after re-reading it I can't say it
should be one way or the other. I'll sort out an intranet ocx with a
less restrictive filter  but for what is a truly daft work around, in
speedfan add xap to the hostname ( in lower case) .  Messages will get
through now.

James

wrote:

>> it has a field for host IP and broadcast IP.  they were filled in
by
>> default i believe.
>>
>> host has 192.168.x.y
>> broadcast has 192.168.x.255
>>
>> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James Traynor <james@> wrote:
>>
>>> thinking about it, if the app doesn't need to receive it may
not
>>> appear.  I am wondering if the IP you set is not the local IP
but the

<james@> wrote:

> [...]
would check

>> what app

command prompt

speedfan  is

> doing

Does it

> have a

where floorplan

>> does

just upgraded

>> to the

running,

> but this

latest

> speedfan but

it only

>> happens with

ping, launcher,

>> four and

messages just

>> fine.

captured speedfan

>> messages,

--------------020007080003000900090200

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>

This issue has driven me nuts to figure out. <br>
I've tried lots of options,&nbsp; Vista and XP, old and new xFx hubs.
I've
tried different addresses, network setups and broadcasts. Tried
different versions, looked at raw packets.&nbsp; While I could
reproduce the
issue narrowing it down never seemed to highlight the particular
fault.<br>
However I have now found it and it was really obvious! (Doh!)<br>
The xAP spec message examples all start <br>
xap-header<br>
{<br>
or<br>
xap-hbeat <br>
{<br>
so to stop processing unnecessary or malformed messages if the first
line isn't one of those then it drops them. Every other app bar
speedfan uses lower case so is fine, also the older xFx hubs lower
cased this item too as messages passed through.&nbsp; Speedfan sends
xAP-header .This is what confused things . I'm not saying speedfan is
wrong here, far from it, as the spec isn't that clear and after
re-reading it I can't say it should be one way or the other. I'll sort
out an intranet ocx with a less restrictive filter&nbsp; but for what
is a
truly daft work around, in speedfan add xap to the hostname ( in lower
case) .&nbsp; Messages will get through now.<br>
James<br>
rleong1 wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">i made my own vb.net app to listen for xAP
messages using the latest
xAPIntranet ocx.  it has the same problem - it cannot see the speedfan
messages.  it sees everything else though.

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
"rleong1" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:reynold@...";>&lt;reynold@...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">it has a field for host IP and broadcast IP.
they were filled in by
default i believe.

host has 192.168.x.y
broadcast has 192.168.x.255

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James Traynor &lt;james@&gt; wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">thinking about it, if the app doesn't need to
receive it may not
appear.  I am wondering if the IP you set is not the local IP but the
address that the message is sent to.
Try entering 192.168.0.255 or 255.255.255.255 . (Adjust that first
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->one
</pre>
<pre wrap="">as needed for you network setup)

James

rleong1 wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">it's all on the same PC.  i only have one
network card and i
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->specified
</pre>
<pre wrap="">that IP in speedfan's settings.  speedfan
doesn't show up when i do
the netstat command you mentioned.  guess that's a bug w/ speedfan?

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James Traynor &lt;james@&gt; wrote:

</pre>
<pre wrap="">What is on what PC?  If it's all on the same
pc I would check
</pre>
<pre wrap="">what app
</pre>
<pre wrap="">is bound to what network address. If you  run
at a command prompt
netstat -a -b -n -p UDP

It should show what listens on what . At a guess speedfan  is
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->doing
</pre>
<pre wrap="">something odd and binding to the wrong network
card.  Does it
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->have a
</pre>
<pre wrap="">option anywhere to set what IP it is using?

James

rleong1 wrote:

</pre>
<pre wrap="">i have been having this odd behavior for a
while where floorplan
</pre>
<pre wrap="">does
</pre>
<pre wrap="">not see any of the xap messages from speedfan.
 i just upgraded
</pre>
<pre wrap="">to the
</pre>
<pre wrap="">latest floorplan beta and have xapintranet.ocx
1.4 running,
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->but this
</pre>
<pre wrap="">was happening before i upgraded.  i'm using
the latest
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->speedfan but
</pre>
<pre wrap="">used the previous version with the same
results.  it only
</pre>
<pre wrap="">happens with
</pre>
<pre wrap="">speedfan.  i'm also running weather, watcher,
ping, launcher,
</pre>
<pre wrap="">four and
</pre>
<pre wrap="">jabber on the same machine and it picks up
those messages just
</pre>
<pre wrap="">fine.
</pre>
<pre wrap="">if i run the message viewer and replay the
captured speedfan
</pre>
<pre wrap="">messages,
</pre>
<pre wrap="">then floorplan picks them up.  any
suggestions?